Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
307 Posts
Yes, that may be true. What if your car is stolen from the mall or grocery store. They ask Alexa to “take me home” knowing that you are not there. Then she politely opens the garage and unlocks the house. She may even turn the lights on for them!
And my guard dog will... bring them a ball to play fetch 😉.

The way I look at it, anyone who can break into your car and get it operable is just as capable of breaking into your house or garage. Just seems like a lot of extra trouble to steal your car to get into your house when they could just break in directly.

·
Registered
121 Posts

The way I look at it, anyone who can break into your car and get it operable is just as capable of breaking into your house or garage. Just seems like a lot of extra trouble to steal your car to get into your house when they could just break in directly.
Yes who would ever think they could get into a locked house with walls full of windows….:unsure:

·
Registered
64 Posts

LOL, at least your dog would wake up! Mine might lift her head to see what’s going on (but probably not!).

I agree that if someone wanted into the house, not much will stop them. On the other hand, lots of criminals in my area aren’t too bright and rely more on opportunity than brains. They break into the car, rummage through it, accidentally hit the garage door opener, and now there is more stuff to go through.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Don’t need homelink. My garage door came with a small remote for my keychain or to keep in my pocket. Since I park outside, I have never programmed any of my last 3 vehicles for the garage door. I really don’t think I’ll program the Rivian either. To me, programming homelink is a security threat. If someone breaks into the vehicle, they now have access to your garage. Of course, if this were part of the touchscreen and required the key, it would be a little safer, but still a risk if your car is stolen.
Homelink typically doesn't work unless the ignition has been switched on. So even if they smashed your window they wouldn't be able to open the garage door.

Also, Rivian is most likely putting the garage door function into the touch screen, so it really can't be used without overcoming some other hurdles, first.

·
Registered
153 Posts
All of Rivian’s features sound like the same as what is on my 2017 Honda CR-V.

I hope they are a little more innovative/refined/advanced than a 5 year old vehicle that cost less than 1/2 of the Rivian.
You know, after over 100 years of mass producing cars with round tires, I had really hoped Rivian would get a little more innovative/refined/advanced and find some new amazing tire shape for me!

The previous sentence is clearly sarcasm. This one is not - I am pretty sure both Rivians have features your 2017 CR-V do not. Adaptive headlights? Air Suspension? Driver+? You don't seriously think an R1T or an R1S is just a 2017 CR-V except twice as expensive? If you do, you're probably on the wrong forum...

21 - 25 of 25 Posts