Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Living Vehicle has a line of fully off-grid trailers that can also charge your EV.

"California-based Living Vehicle is cutting the cord with their Core Trailer. Powered by an automotive-grade energy system, the luxury trailer is equipped delivers 9,000 watt-hours of energy storage and 1,320 watts of solar power so you, and even your electric car, can recharge."

While the base weight does exceed the R1T's max towing capacity, over time we might see changes from Rivian, Living Vehicle, or other fully off-grid trailer options that make hauling one of these possible with our trucks.

If you see anything, be sure to share it here!

·
Registered
15 Posts
A great looking trailer with some impressive numbers, however using a 3/4 or 1 ton ICE vehicle to tow an "off-grid" trailer seems kind of counter-intuitive. Maybe I'm thinking about it too much.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A great looking trailer with some impressive numbers, however using a 3/4 or 1 ton ICE vehicle to tow an "off-grid" trailer seems kind of counter-intuitive. Maybe I'm thinking about it too much.
From a business perspective, it makes sense to start at a high level like this, to show how much you can cater to the market.
I'm 100% sure they'll be looking at compatibility, where the cost-benefit analysis works out, and unfortunately we might be in for a wait till more EV pickups are available.

·
Registered
203 Posts
From a business perspective, it makes sense to start at a high level like this, to show how much you can cater to the market.
I'm 100% sure they'll be looking at compatibility, where the cost-benefit analysis works out, and unfortunately we might be in for a wait till more EV pickups are available.
We'll also have to wait a bit more for more affordable solar powered trailers from Living Vehicle or other companies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts