Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was on a 25 minute drive to work this morning and was listening to an XM radio station through my phone & paired with the infotainment center. About 5 minutes before my destination everything got "muffled" and volume went way down and sounded like it was not in stereo? Didn't think much of it until I was showing the truck to a co-worker of mine a couple hours later and even when I put on Spotify, it is still muffled. Any ideas what could have caused this? Just took delivery 10 days ago and still working through the kinks....many of which could be user error. This one has me confused.

· Registered
60 Posts
I had this happen a couple weeks ago after the "kneel update". My situation was not identical. I was navigating. The audio lowered when navigation spoke, but it never raised the volume back after navigation stopped speaking. It stayed muffled, as you described. I did an infotainment reset and that worked to correct the volume issue (when parked, hold the far left and right buttons on the steering wheel simultaneously for 15 seconds). Hope that works for you.

· Registered
367 Posts
I’ve had a similar problem in other vehicles. Sometimes when the infotainment goes to duck the music for a nav announcement, it seems like it “chooses the wrong codec” when it starts playing the music again…like it’s using the “cell phone” codec instead. If there is such a thing. Or something. You get the idea, though.

· Registered
1 Posts
I had this issue earlier this week... none of the suggested issues/fixes above were responsible or did the trick. When I let the truck sleep and then reawake, it had fixed itself and the sound was back to normal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts