Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rivian said it will take several weeks for the price change for pre-orders to be reversed. Though your pre-order must be dated prior to 3/1/22.

They also said if you make changes to the pre-order configuration they "think" the changes will reflect the previous pre-order pricing not the new pricing. Though that seems to still be worked out definitively.

As another poster pointed out if you get the pre-order pricing then your vehicle just got an automatic resale valuation of plus 22%. So, actually that is good right?

·
Registered
18 Posts
any discussion on the 5 to 7 seats on the R1S? I don't really want 7 seats. for me, those two seats in the trunk only limit storage space and add weight.
After Rivian’s announcement pre-March 1 pricing would be honored I had an online chat with a Rivian customer service rep who told me the 5-seat R1S I had reserved will not be available - just 7-seat R1S’s. Third row does fold flat, but I also don’t need those seats or the extra weight (granted the R1S is a heavy beast no matter the seating configuration.)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since many of us will not be getting our vehicles until 2024, two years of 7% inflation will render the net valuation increase closer to nil . . .
Not really, you forget that the future price will be even more with that 7% inflation. On avg Rivian raised prices by 22%. Over the next year inflation will raise it another 7%, but your price will not increase. So, essentially you are getting a 30% bonus valuation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.