Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been comparing Spotify to Tidal and was wondering if anyone else has done this.
I created a Tidal account with the Hifi upgrade and can't honestly tell the difference between the two sound wise.
I've tried going back and forth to the same song and it sound pretty much the same. I'm mostly a Rock/metal guy so I didn't try anything else. All things being equal I kind of like the Spotify format a little better.
Anyone else have any thoughts?

· Registered
678 Posts
Did the same on the Tesla, could not tell the difference but not an audiophile. Spotify came with the car so dropped the Tidal subscription. The defaults on what each plays when you ask for a song or artist are flakey (ask for Motown get Paul McDonald?) so I tend to just Bluetooth the phone, listen to GMFB on ride to work, NFL Live on way home or use my songs on my phone.

· Registered
1,119 Posts
It might be more noticeable based on the number and placement of speakers, and the capabilities of the system it is playing on. Might be harder to tell inside a car on a car stereo system, since all brands have evolved to a much higher standard. But I'm no expert.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts