Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Chevy Bolt EV
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I happened to park next to a Rivian at a charging station in Michigan. As both a truck guy and an electric car driver I was curious... but I was mostly curious about what the undercarriage looked like. Could it hold weight? Would it protect the battery in an off-road situation? Well, let's stick a camera underneath and find out... Let me know what you think. If you would like to know something more specific about my impressions of the Rivian, then add a request in the description below. I'll see if I can add a follow up video based on your request.

·
Registered
2020 Chevy Bolt EV
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome @Dominic Wilbrink! Did you get a chance to look inside and observe anything interesting going on?
Nothing interesting inside that I noted... but I did get the charge screen with the state of charge information. I am reviewing that information with a couple of engineers before I make a video about it. Hope to be editing that next week for release the week after.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Nothing interesting inside that I noted... but I did get the charge screen with the state of charge information. I am reviewing that information with a couple of engineers before I make a video about it. Hope to be editing that next week for release the week after.
Please keep us posted. I'd like to compare it to readouts from an AEM diagnostics screen used in the Rebelle Rally R1T. It actually confirmed that 400V charging is possible. More on that here: How Rivian Kept Track Of Battery Capacity, Temperature...

·
Registered
2020 Chevy Bolt EV
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please keep us posted. I'd like to compare it to readouts from an AEM diagnostics screen used in the Rebelle Rally R1T. It actually confirmed that 400V charging is possible. More on that here: How Rivian Kept Track Of Battery Capacity, Temperature...
Will do. I am sure that 400v is possible. But as a real world user of non-Tesla chargers; I don’t think that is the reality anytime soon in most parts of the United States anytime soon. I don’t think it’s a RIVIAN issue...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts