Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I totally believe it I’m positive they are way behind in critical design areas especially OTA technology. Rivian knows how to raise money and apparently how to cheat. I’m new to the board but I’ve learned plenty about Rivian in the past year - the are the next WeWork

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tesla doesn’t care if one of their flameouts that left a year ago go to Rivian. That’s been the majority but a few recent hires have come directly from Tesla and Tesla believes with some evidence they gave up trade secrets. Rivian just needs to pay for them and move on and maybe more careful now how ideas get to them from a compliance standpoint. If not they will be in court for years but the evidence is compelling

·
Registered
347 Posts
Poaching is very common throughout the automotive industry and many others. Tech is another big one.

Even Tesla does it.
Plus, if you're actually interesting in buying a new EV, this should be the least of your concern. What should are the features being offered and Rivian easily stands out.

Yeah, OTA might not be functional at launch but it along with Level 3 features will later on with a software update. So to say "they are way behind in critical design areas especially OTA technology" is a stretch...

·
Registered
152 Posts
I totally believe it I’m positive they are way behind in critical design areas especially OTA technology. Rivian knows how to raise money and apparently how to cheat. I’m new to the board but I’ve learned plenty about Rivian in the past year - the are the next WeWork
What have you learned about Rivian that makes you believe they are behind and that they cheat that is based on facts and not conjecture (noun, an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information)? Source?

If not they will be in court for years but the evidence is compelling
And that evidence would be? Source? Link(s)?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What have you learned about Rivian that makes you believe they are behind and that they cheat that is based on facts and not conjecture (noun, an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information)? Source? My sources are former Rivian technology employees that were fired last Feb. They were only there 6 months and when they left they told anyone in the industry that would listen. When you cut your high profile CTO and his team things leak out.

And that evidence would be? Source? Link(s)?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Poaching is very common throughout the automotive industry and many others. Tech is another big one.

Even Tesla does it.
Plus, if you're actually interesting in buying a new EV, this should be the least of your concern. What should are the features being offered and Rivian easily stands out.

Yeah, OTA might not be functional at launch but it along with Level 3 features will later on with a software update. So to say "they are way behind in critical design areas especially OTA technology" is a stretch...
Poaching is common so is understanding right from wrong. It’s not just singing NDAs it’s character.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ah yea .. the classic judge, jury and executioner here on social media .. as if any one of us here in this forum or new to this forum, such as the conversation starter having joined us 1 day prior, knows all the alleged evidence, ect .. this is stupid.. opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one

·
Registered
347 Posts
ah yea .. the classic judge, jury and executioner here on social media .. as if any one of us here in this forum or new to this forum, such as the conversation starter having joined us 1 day prior, knows all the alleged evidence, ect .. this is stupid.. opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[/QUOTE

Tesla did a very good job of describing 4 recent thefts they obviously feel they have irrefutable evidence. Please read the complaint. The worst in my opinion are the production data theft which will be easy to prove happened but will also require discovery to see if Rivian actually used anything that a Tesla secret. Rivians entire production process is now part of a legal discovery. They may need to settle fast or they won’t be able to even turn on the line. It’s easy to hate Tesla but Rivian is not doing any sort of integrity evaluation on its hires. If I’m your new manager and before you leave your last job you agree to steal stuff that would be a good test don’t hire that person.

·
Registered
27 Posts
not gonna get into a social media pissing game with you as they are childish. We, as a country, have a due process legal system for a reason vs a banana republic country. But let’s play your game for good times sake and convict someone here on social media.

you signed up 1day ago, no new member intro msg, no announcing you have a deposit on any Rivian. Your 1st post was this.. which leads me to judge and convict you as just another Tesla fanboi. See how easy that was? Easy peasy..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
not gonna get into a social media pissing game with you as they are childish. We, as a country, have a due process legal system for a reason vs a banana republic country. But let’s play your game for good times sake and convict someone here on social media.

you signed up 1day ago, no new member intro msg, no announcing you have a deposit on any Rivian. Your 1st post was this.. which leads me to judge and convict you as just another Tesla fanboi. See how easy that was? Easy peasy..
Im obviously not a Rivian fan but rather than argue with you I jut prefer to get my message out. Also I don’t own a Tesla and don’t care about them. Rivian f’d me and I’m happy to see what’s happening

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im obviously not a Rivian fan but rather than argue with you I jut prefer to get my message out. Also I don’t own a Tesla and don’t care about them. Rivian f’d me and I’m happy to see what’s happening
So, you hate Rivian so much because they “f’d” you, that you join a Rivian Owners Forum to bad mouth them without presenting evidence?

way to spend a Saturday.

·
Registered
27 Posts
cool.. thanks for being honest about your motivations.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I don't know how Rivian f'd you but this doesn't seem like a productive way to deal with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Even Tesla does it.

Even Tesla does it.

Poaching talent is one thing; but asking that new hire to steal secrets from his/her’s former employee is another...

·
Registered
473 Posts
It should be noted that this issue isn't about patents. It's about business practices.

The lawsuit alleges that one employee, currently working in Rivian's recruiting department, was encouraged by Rivian to steal Tesla documents, including recruitment plans and pay and bonus formulae.

Tesla also accused two employees of downloading confidential documents during their final days at the company, and sending them to personal email accounts. One allegedly sent documents related to manufacturing, while the other allegedly sent documents with information on charging.

The lawsuit deals with business practices rather than patents. Tesla offered to open its patents in 2014, under "good faith" agreements that would involve other companies also sharing with Tesla. To our knowledge no automaker took the company up on the offer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts