Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
You can bet they will.
Other major players in the game likely had a big head start in securing chips or contracts for them.
If long delays happen, how long with be too long for you?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ford and GM have cut back production already. I don't think anyone saw this coming, so all the manufacturers are affected. I'm not too concerned for myself, since I placed my preorder on the 1st day it was available. I'm willing to wait a few more months if necessary. There's nothing else out there that is available this year. Maybe Tesla's Cyber Truck starts shipping in December, but I didn't place a preorder, so realistically that option is a year or two away.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Ford and GM have cut back production already. I don't think anyone saw this coming, so all the manufacturers are affected. I'm not too concerned for myself, since I placed my preorder on the 1st day it was available. I'm willing to wait a few more months if necessary. There's nothing else out there that is available this year. Maybe Tesla's Cyber Truck starts shipping in December, but I didn't place a preorder, so realistically that option is a year or two away.
Would you pay a premium to get the Cybertruck?
Because it should happen a lot initially as some people look to sell their order with all the demand for them.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I just don't like the look of Cyber truck all that much. The R1T has everything I want. If everything goes to plan, I should be driving the R1T in 4 months.
x2, its the complete opposite of the Rivian R1T and a stretch for anyone initially interested in more traditional truck styling. The F-150 EV is a much closer R1T alternative. It also helps that F-150s have been getting more upscale over the years. Would you consider it?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's not enough information on the F150 to make a call on it. MotorTrend had this to say about it...

While Rivian may assist in making the F-150 as efficient as possible, the company will not simply send its platform to Ford for use under the upcoming BEV F-150. In fact, the F-150 Electric is due to ride on a modified version of the standard F-150's frame, which may ultimately limit the size of the battery pack Ford fits within its truck.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I am planning on both CT & Rivian
I was December 1st on Rivian and immediately on CT for my Reservations
My problem with CT is I don't have a garage big enough
But being Stainless leaving it out is not so bad I guess
We will see
Don't think the CT will be available for a year but who knows
Lucid is supposed to make its first delivery any day
It was a dirt Field last year when I saw it
So CT might happen fast
Just want a Heep replacement soon

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
There's not enough information on the F150 to make a call on it. MotorTrend had this to say about it...

While Rivian may assist in making the F-150 as efficient as possible, the company will not simply send its platform to Ford for use under the upcoming BEV F-150. In fact, the F-150 Electric is due to ride on a modified version of the standard F-150's frame, which may ultimately limit the size of the battery pack Ford fits within its truck.
No harm in a soft start to launching an electric F-150. Especially when there's a lot of F-150 things that might be harder to add on a new platform. But they did just come out with a new generation model, so there had to be all-electric considerations from the start.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Heyvernsky- I'm interested to see how Rivian and the CT compare in the real world. Looks like you will get to do that first hand. Please keep us posted !

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am planning on both CT & Rivian
I was December 1st on Rivian and immediately on CT for my Reservations
My problem with CT is I don't have a garage big enough
But being Stainless leaving it out is not so bad I guess
We will see
Don't think the CT will be available for a year but who knows
Lucid is supposed to make its first delivery any day
It was a dirt Field last year when I saw it
So CT might happen fast
Just want a Heep replacement soon
A friend of mine works for Peterson Construction, bridge builders. A subsidiary group has been drilling subterranean caisons preparing for the flatwork of the Cyber truck factory in Texas. That's how far along the Tesla truck production facility has progressed. He says it is very large and may have as much as two hundred acres under roof. It will be a while before the CT is produced.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
466 Posts
Alright guys, get it back on the rails! Political rants and personal attacks will not be tolerated.

Reactions: SANZCO2

·
Registered
2017 Chevy BoltEV, 2016 Chevy Volt, 2017 Toyota RAV4
46 Posts
So...back to the topic, has anyone heard if the computer chip shortage is going to affect Rivian production at this point? Is there going to be a delay in the planned June launch?

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
466 Posts
@Mr. Gee, that thread tangent has been dead for almost a month after I issued warnings on it. Why do you feel the need to bring it back up? If this goes off the rails again, I’m locking the thread and banning people. Last warning!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts