Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
You can bet they will.
Other major players in the game likely had a big head start in securing chips or contracts for them.
If long delays happen, how long with be too long for you?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ford and GM have cut back production already. I don't think anyone saw this coming, so all the manufacturers are affected. I'm not too concerned for myself, since I placed my preorder on the 1st day it was available. I'm willing to wait a few more months if necessary. There's nothing else out there that is available this year. Maybe Tesla's Cyber Truck starts shipping in December, but I didn't place a preorder, so realistically that option is a year or two away.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Ford and GM have cut back production already. I don't think anyone saw this coming, so all the manufacturers are affected. I'm not too concerned for myself, since I placed my preorder on the 1st day it was available. I'm willing to wait a few more months if necessary. There's nothing else out there that is available this year. Maybe Tesla's Cyber Truck starts shipping in December, but I didn't place a preorder, so realistically that option is a year or two away.
Would you pay a premium to get the Cybertruck?
Because it should happen a lot initially as some people look to sell their order with all the demand for them.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I just don't like the look of Cyber truck all that much. The R1T has everything I want. If everything goes to plan, I should be driving the R1T in 4 months.
x2, its the complete opposite of the Rivian R1T and a stretch for anyone initially interested in more traditional truck styling. The F-150 EV is a much closer R1T alternative. It also helps that F-150s have been getting more upscale over the years. Would you consider it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's not enough information on the F150 to make a call on it. MotorTrend had this to say about it...

While Rivian may assist in making the F-150 as efficient as possible, the company will not simply send its platform to Ford for use under the upcoming BEV F-150. In fact, the F-150 Electric is due to ride on a modified version of the standard F-150's frame, which may ultimately limit the size of the battery pack Ford fits within its truck.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am planning on both CT & Rivian
I was December 1st on Rivian and immediately on CT for my Reservations
My problem with CT is I don't have a garage big enough
But being Stainless leaving it out is not so bad I guess
We will see
Don't think the CT will be available for a year but who knows
Lucid is supposed to make its first delivery any day
It was a dirt Field last year when I saw it
So CT might happen fast
Just want a Heep replacement soon

·
Registered
907 Posts
There's not enough information on the F150 to make a call on it. MotorTrend had this to say about it...

While Rivian may assist in making the F-150 as efficient as possible, the company will not simply send its platform to Ford for use under the upcoming BEV F-150. In fact, the F-150 Electric is due to ride on a modified version of the standard F-150's frame, which may ultimately limit the size of the battery pack Ford fits within its truck.
No harm in a soft start to launching an electric F-150. Especially when there's a lot of F-150 things that might be harder to add on a new platform. But they did just come out with a new generation model, so there had to be all-electric considerations from the start.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Heyvernsky- I'm interested to see how Rivian and the CT compare in the real world. Looks like you will get to do that first hand. Please keep us posted !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts