Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guide called me on the mobile yesterday saying our launch green T will be delivered this month.
We had a chance to add things so we got the load and bicycle carrying cross bats.
Will do this at ourvbicycle store with a host of our well wishers and some doubters.
Refreshments provided.
Public invited
Mt Airy Bicycles Maryland.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! How far back did you order it? Would love to see pics of your Rivian when it arrives.
Ordered the S 9/20 then discovered how LITTLE CARGO ROOM it had with the space-robbing high floor and 7-pax-only-at-launch ‘bus configuration’ so we’re getting our first pick up ever having owned 11 sedans and coupes, 9 wagons, 8 vans, 3 motor homes, 12 motorcycles, 5 hybrids, and 3 BEV’s since 1966. A pick up will be very interesting - and it’s not a second childhood nor midlife crisis toy - we are still working picking up and delivering bicycles daily.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Congrats @Bike123.com!

I too switched from the R1S to the T, but in my case it is because I need the Max battery, something that is not presently available on the S, and seems less and less likely to ever be. And also like you, I've had many vehicles over the years, the majority sedans. but some coupes & sports cars, as well as several vans and a bevy of powered two wheeled types. Never a pick-up though, making me a bit of an outlier in a neighborhood thickly populated with F-150's, Silvarado's and Ram 1500's. An R1T will not be out of place, but it will still be a bit strange to see a pick-up in my driveway.

Would love to see your R1T in person. You are only about 120 miles away, a mere 8 or so hours via my Lynskey (hand-built, by me) . . .

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats @Bike123.com!

I too switched from the R1S to the T, but in my case it is because I need the Max battery, something that is not presently available on the S, and seems less and less likely to ever be. And also like you, I've had many vehicles over the years, the majority sedans. but some coupes & sports cars, as well as several vans and a bevy of powered two wheeled types. Never a pick-up though, making me a bit of an outlier in a neighborhood thickly populated with F-150's, Silvarado's and Ram 1500's. An R1T will not be out of place, but it will still be a bit strange to see a pick-up in my driveway.

Would love to see your R1T in person. You are only about 120 miles away, a mere 8 or so hours via my Lynskey (hand-built, by me) . . .
Excellent my friend.
Bring the bike or borrow our Lynskey road or off.
We will load ‘em in the bed and head out .
You’ll drive
We opted out of the battery since we think it could suck some space, add weight, reduce mileage?
We ordered the most basic Apteras too - that saved $10k and 900# on a 2300 lb car.
We rather enjoy the adventure of plugging in for the 5 years on BEV’s - we like stopping and meeting locals , and dining on local chow

1 - 5 of 5 Posts