Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on different stuff I've read and hearing from folks in the company and the CEO, I'm predicting that there are going to be a lot of cool features and easter eggs that we don't expect from the Rivian vehicles. I think I heard RJ Scaringe say he likes to under-promise and over-deliver. To me that translates as surprising and wowing customers.

I could be wrong but I do expect a host of unexpected features from their vehicles. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Maybe.

But I think that "under-promise and over-deliver" doesn't necessarily mean Easter eggs. It simply means exceeding expectations. I love quirks, but only if QUALITY is there. FCA has started including a lot of Easter eggs in their vehicles over the last decade; unfortunately, their quality is junk so the Easter eggs would just piss me off. The dash might squeak and I'll think to myself, "oh, they couldn't build a quality dash but they found time to put a stupid jeep climbing up the side of the windshield".

Quirks can be great -- but priorities are important.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I think I heard RJ Scaringe say he likes to under-promise and over-deliver.
Not sure if you're fairly new to following Rivian but RJ and other Rivian employees have been saying this back when they revealed the R1 EAVs at the LA Auto Show back in Nov 2018.

Rivian has already delayed or completely removed for production launch some of the features found on the prototypes for various reasons. Some features due to cost (e.g. electrochromatic roof) or engineering challenges (180 degree tailgate issues) and some to streamline the production line (e.g. one battery pack size, one roof type out of 4 or 5) at least initially. That said, it wouldn't surprise me if Rivian has a few unannounced, yet smaller features / add-ons they'll come out with ($), but to be honest I'm not holding my breath. The part of "under-promise and over-deliver" that I'm more focused on at this point is directed at the overall quality of the vehicle, price (for additional options if any), warranty, purchase process, trade-in, delivery, maintenance and service. Even though some of this information Rivian has recently provided, it's still only words and the proof will be in the execution.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.