Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Is there an easy way to switch Alexa (contacts) and Spotify accounts when switching drivers in the truck.
I am thinking there is an easy way to do this, but it's not super intuitive. Thoughts?
Peace, MJ

· Registered
8 Posts
This a pretty big miss IMO. My wife and I have very different taste in music. It also an example of something solved by Apple carplay and Android Auto.

I guess, I can setup a separate Car only Spotify account and use bluetooth for podcasts.

· Registered
1,687 Posts
Total uninformed question here: do I need a Spotify account to listen to music once I get my truck? Or can I just continue to use Apple Music and connect through Bluetooth?
You can use Bluetooth. You will have to interact with the phone directly to change playlists and search for things, though. The truck only has basic back/forward buttons for bluetooth. And Alexa provides ZERO voice control for Apple Music in the R1T. Even "next track" and "previous track" commands do NOT work when listening to bluetooth audio.

· Registered
20 Posts
Well, my Mazda operating in bluetooth mode is pretty limited as well - forward and back is basically it. And it won't do shuffle either, which has annoyed me for 10 years... so I'm used to being limited by bluetooth. 8-/ Maybe by the time I get mine, they'll have improved the interface. I won't use Spotify because of their sh*tty handling of musicians.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts