Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would appreciate if there are any specific things I should check for at delivery behind the cosmetic items. Have Launch Edition, Underbody Panel, Powered Tonneau, etc. I’m surprised at the amount of things I would have expected Rivian to check in their “inspections” at each location, but things like (screws loose on underbody panel), etc. Those are things I’m hoping to get a list on to verify on Saturday!

Appreciate it!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Exciting! In my experience I found quite a few little things that you could look for. Even if they cannot take care of them right there and then, they should be able to turn in a ticket for you.
1. Drive the vehicle. I’ve seen several reports of the vehicle not being aligned correctly. In my case my truck was pulling to the right and had to take it in for an alignment.
2. Tonneau cover - This is a common one and they are aware of the issue. Mine broke on the second day. Just make sure it opens and closes appropriately. Fortunately mine has been replaced with the new designed cover.
3. Tail gate - Make sure that it drops when you press the button or from the screen inside of the cabin. Mine had to be adjusted as it would unlatch but it would not drop.
4. Panel gaps and trim - my rear rocker panel on the driver side was a bit off and needs to be adjusted. General rule of thumb check your panel gaps and the rockers.
5. Doors/gear tunnel/front trunk - Make sure your doors open and close appropriately. My driver’s door had to be literally slammed to close. They ended up changing some things when I took it in for service and now works perfect.
6. Gear tunnel lids - The little plastic lids on the gear tunnel doors could potentially warp from heat or other things and not sit flush. I had to get both of mine replaced.
7. Headrests - The rear headrests are very difficult to move. I thought mine were broken as others had posted, but ask them to show you how to move them as they work appropriately, however, they are very difficult to move.
8. AC vents - I have seen other posts of Vince not working appropriately when you move them electronically on the screen. Mine have worked well and have not had issues with it, but it is worth a check.
9. Truck bed panel for spare tire - I have seen some posts about this panel not shutting appropriately and the gap lid between the bed and the tailgate rubbing. I thought mine was defective, but you just have to make sure that when you close that it latches on the left side and the right side. It should not rub.
10. Paint - even though the paint job is high-quality, I would check for blemishes. Mine was really good, But my neighbor’s had a few spots that need to be fixed.

as you can see, most of these things are just tiny little details and should not alter your experience with the truck. I’ve had mine for two months and absolutely love it! One thing, get ready for lots of attention. I believe I have only gone out of my house twice without somebody coming up to me to ask me questions or to talk about the vehicle. Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I found a checklist somewhere but it was way more detailed/intense than I expected. The best one I've found was here

(Sorry for posting a link to another forum)

It seems to have started with a basic Tesla checklist and morphed into the Rivian.

Also - I'm picking up my FG/FE R1T in Phoenix on Saturday as well! My appointment is at 11. Maybe I'll see you there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts