Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming Rivian is reading, I'm just going to post this every month or two. I'm going to wait until a tan interior is available to take delivery. Hopefully others feel that way and can voice their support. A friend of mine who lives near me and has two R1Ts ordered just told me he'd prefer tan but chose black. Thanks for listening Rivian!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Is "tan" really a hill worth dying on? What's wrong with the white if you really want an interior that's impossible to keep clean?

I'll never buy another vehicle with a tan interior. My wife wears jeans, and every tan interior we've had looks trashed within a week because of dye transfer.

Now if Rivian would come out with a nice brown, I'd buy that!

·
Registered
R1S, Forrest Green/Black
60 Posts
Brown over tan any day, hell how about a cool red for those that want something unique. When you see a nice dark grey or silver car with that red interior it looks so good.

While I would of preferred brown over black I will be thrilled if they deliver what I ordered on time and with little to no quality issues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Assuming Rivian is reading, I'm just going to post this every month or two. I'm going to wait until a tan interior is available to take delivery. Hopefully others feel that way and can voice their support. A friend of mine who lives near me and has two R1Ts ordered just told me he'd prefer tan but chose black. Thanks for listening Rivian!
I dig the Ocean Coast, but I would prefer a tan or brown. The tan interior on my LR4 was my favorite interior on any car I’ve ever owned and it was easy to clean. Looked great too.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I dig the Ocean Coast, but I would prefer a tan or brown. The tan interior on my LR4 was my favorite interior on any car I’ve ever owned and it was easy to clean. Looked great too.
Tan/Brown for me as well. Too bad its not an option or said to in the future.

Has anyone reached out to Rivian about future interior options yet?
If not, I just did will let everyone know what they say.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I like tan interiors too. But I do love the look of the white. I'm never a fan of black interiors. In my experience, black interiors always look the dirtiest. Granted, I have a big dog with white fur, but even aside from that, dirt really shows on black.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Customer Service got back to me and said "There are no current plans to offer any additional interior or exterior colors for R1S or R1T." But I think that's okay considering they are a new automaker and provided options that cover what most pickup and SUV look for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree -- it doesn't need to be tan, but some derivative of brown (preferably a darker brown).

We preordered the green exterior and it really deserves a caramel-colored interior :)

·
Registered
R1T Max Pack
34 Posts
Not a fan of tan lately, but more white/ivory/rich browns at best. I'd love to get the white interior they are releasing, seats/leather, but the issue I take is the headliner is all white also. That is where it worries me too much about getting dirty pretty fast - you can wipe down the vegan leather seats and all easily but that headliner is going to collect dirt, oils over time, and get nasty. Did on a number Tesla X's we looked at with the tan interiors so we did the white interior with black headliner which has worked out well. Also the stitching on the seats is key, white stitching on white seats doesn't stay looking nice for that long and that part is impossible to clean up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd agree on the need for a tan or brown/caramel colors that we see in more common lately. It would seem to complete the set and go with almost every exterior color.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts