Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 R1T Launch Ed. LG/FE, 2018 Mercedes E63S AMG Wagon, 2019 Audi Q7, 1955 Willys Wagon
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I received my LE LG FE R1T on Monday here in NJ. 2020 Preorder. I made this YouTube Video (Audio Fixed!) of my home delivery experience via the Brooklyn SC, meeting my friend 2 miles away to see his twin truck delivery, and a collection of my initial impressions from my Instagram channel @FringeCarCollector.

I put about 60 miles on the truck and dropped it off for Paint Protection Film at Presidential Paint Protection in Hopewell NJ for Xpel full frontal PPF. They are local Rivian experts, and have two R1T’s in the shop this week! I Should be getting my truck back tonight and will add additional videos!

So far, most of my expectations are met or exceeded. Panel gaps are imperfect, and must have been worse because the door hinge hardware has been turned at the service center, cracking the paint on the bolts which is very disappointing. I also find the ride to be harsh even in soft mode, so I have a service call in for that to be evaluated.

Looking forward to getting some wheel time in later this week on a road trip, and some trailer towing in the following week!
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Wheel Vehicle Cloud

·
Registered
2022 R1T Launch Ed. LG/FE, 2018 Mercedes E63S AMG Wagon, 2019 Audi Q7, 1955 Willys Wagon
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum @RIVIAN-ROSS, is it your first EV?
I hope Rivian does a good job at taking care of those issues, keep us posted!
Yes, this is my first EV. Long time Lurker (2 years, joined last year), first time poster. I have been smitten with Rivian since they first went public with the R1 platform, and waited for the right opportunity as opposed to settling on another EV! I am definitely concerned about range anxiety, but I will figure that out as time goes on :)
Congratulations @RIVIAN-ROSS! Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far. How bad is the paint cracking from the door hinges?
Here are photos of the turned bolts on the door hinges:
Automotive tire Drinkware Automotive lighting Stemware Liquid

Liquid Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yes, this is my first EV. Long time Lurker (2 years, joined last year), first time poster. I have been smitten with Rivian since they first went public with the R1 platform, and waited for the right opportunity as opposed to settling on another EV! I am definitely concerned about range anxiety, but I will figure that out as time goes on :)

Here are photos of the turned bolts on the door hinges: View attachment 6160

View attachment 6162
Should probably have them touch it up? I would be concerned if there are metals exposed. Congrats!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Should probably have them touch it up? I would be concerned if there are metals exposed. Congrats!
I'll touch it up myself. I dont trust that they (or anyone other than a proper body/paint shop!) would properly flake off the damaged paint on the bolts to ensure that the paint adheres properly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts