Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LE R1T order with a few options is pricing out at $80,434. My questions is do I have to delete something to get it under $80,000 to get the tax credit.
Thanks

·
Registered
349 Posts
The cap is on MSRP. And the bill has not passed yet, so none of it is final yet.

MSRP includes factory-installed options, but not destination charge or taxes. Clearly things like upcharges for paint color, wheels, off-road package, etc. need to be part of the MSRP.

But other things purchased at the same time as the vehicle, like cross bars, Rivian charger, tent, camp kitchen etc. aren't necessarily part of the MSRP. All these things are listed in the Rivian gear store (although currently not "in stock"), so I think the intent is to allow people to purchase them later and self-install. In which case, they don't have be be included in the MSRP because they're not factory-installed options, even if they're purchased at the same time as the vehicle.

So I think there is some wiggle-room for what Rivian can put on the sticker in order to keep the MSRP as low as possible and still comply with the law. There's a lot of incentive for Rivian to keep the MSRP as low as possible, because otherwise we will all be getting rid of those high-margin accessory purchases in order to stay under the limit. They won't be selling many $5k camp kitchens since that will put most configurations over.

I think it remains to be seen exactly what the details of the tax credit will be, or whether the Senate will even pass the bill - if they don't we will get a $0 tax credit for all configurations.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR / 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
112 Posts
I think it remains to be seen exactly what the details of the tax credit will be, or whether the Senate will even pass the bill - if they don't we will get a $0 tax credit for all configurations.
If they do nothing, wouldn't the current $7,500 tax credit still apply (for the first 200,000 vehicles plus phase out)? I have not seen any sunset date on the current credits and it would take a bill to pass to stop that credit early. And the $7.5k would apply to all configurations.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
My LE R1T order with a few options is pricing out at $80,434. My questions is do I have to delete something to get it under $80,000 to get the tax credit.
Thanks
Welcome to the forum @abrad55! As things stand you'd need to drop something to get under the $80,000 threshold. As mentioned already that's the price before charges and taxes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all that responted. To be safe I think that I will delete something to get it under the $80k. My reservation number is 17835, I received a deliver timeframe of Apr -May.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts