Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m in Oregon and have had an R1T since June 2022. Giant fan. Could someone help me with exactly what rebates I’m able to apply for. I paid $78k for my truck. I have a Rivian home charger and ( unfortunately) I sold a price of property in 2022, so my gross income will be more than $400 k. My accountant is really not up to speed on this and taxes are looming. Thanks everyone!
KW

· Registered
53 Posts
You got your truck before the new rules went into effect (federally). So from a Federal perspective, you should be eligible for a $7500 rebate under the old rules.

The new rules partially went into effect in August (requiring the truck to be manufactured or assembled in north america), but even if you were subject to them, you’d still get the $7500 rebate as Rivian qualified.

Income requirements began on Jan 1. Truck price cap went into effect on Jan 1. You shouldn’t need to worry about either since you got your truck in 2022.

· Registered
100 Posts
Since you took delivery before any laws were changed regarding EV rebates, your case is pretty straightforward I think - you will receive a $7500 tax credit. You are not subject to price, income, or battery manufacturing location restrictions. As long as you had a tax obligation of $7500, you'll receive that as a credit - and it certainly sounds like you will with your gross income.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts