Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tesla fan and YouTuber Ben Sulllins posted a new video on YouTube where he explains that he is ordering a R1T over a Cybertruck. He likes the Cybertruck's specs but calls it "aggressively ugly".

He also filmed himself and fellow YouTuber Jon Rettinger placing their orders together. Let's see if more Tesla fans get converted to the R1T as production gets closer.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Now that the hype has died down for the Cybertruck I think we'll start to see more Tesla fans consider other options like the R1T.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Jon Rettinger here. I’m beyond excited for the R1T. After owning a Model S, X and 3 I’m ready for something different. What the video didn’t t show was Ben and I discussing the company and how excited we are for their future. Happy trucking all!
Welcome to the forum Jon! Since it wasn't shown in the video, what are you most excited for with Rivian?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Jon Rettinger here. I’m beyond excited for the R1T. After owning a Model S, X and 3 I’m ready for something different. What the video didn’t t show was Ben and I discussing the company and how excited we are for their future. Happy trucking all!
Welcome to the forum @JRettinger . Now that you're here... this place has hit the big time!

Love your videos!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jon! Since it wasn't shown in the video, what are you most excited for with Rivian?
I've irrationally wanted a truck and emotionally wanted to stay electric. The Cybertruck is a bit too odd-shaped for me (at least right now) and quite frankly after looking at Tesla interiors for 8 years I'm ready for a change.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I've irrationally wanted a truck and emotionally wanted to stay electric. The Cybertruck is a bit too odd-shaped for me (at least right now) and quite frankly after looking at Tesla interiors for 8 years I'm ready for a change.
I completely agree. Not a fan of Tesla's interiors at all. Rivian hits it on the nail!

You should add your order details here:
Also curious to know what you're looking forward to in the R1T configurator that goes live on Sept 22nd. I know some folks here want more color options.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I completely agree. Not a fan of Tesla's interiors at all. Rivian hits it on the nail!

You should add your order details here:
Also curious to know what you're looking forward to in the R1T configurator that goes live on Sept 22nd. I know some folks here want more color options.
I want to see the tech options.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Harsh... but true.

I wonder how close the prototype trucks were in terms of interior materials compared to the actual production models.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'm with you Rivian's interiors seem like a huge upgrade to Tesla's. Would the Rivian be your first truck in general or have you owned ICE trucks in the past?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm with you Rivian's interiors seem like a huge upgrade to Tesla's. Would the Rivian be your first truck in general or have you owned ICE trucks in the past?
1st truck ever And super excited. With 3 kids I think it will be the perfect family companion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tesla fan and YouTuber Ben Sulllins posted a new video on YouTube where he explains that he is ordering a R1T over a Cybertruck. He likes the Cybertruck's specs but calls it "aggressively ugly".

He also filmed himself and fellow YouTuber Jon Rettinger placing their orders together. Let's see if more Tesla fans get converted to the R1T as production gets closer.

hey thanks for sharing! Happy to be here...

·
Registered
3 Posts
One question I have, kinda related to the title, is how many folks are getting a Rivian that it will be their first electric vehicle? My original assumption was it was going to be mostly Tesla fans...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One question I have, kinda related to the title, is how many folks are getting a Rivian that it will be their first electric vehicle? My original assumption was it was going to be mostly Tesla fans...
This is so cool! Welcome guys @bensullins @JRettinger!

To answer your question Ben, the R1T is going to be my first EV.

·
Registered
21 Posts
A couple of things that I'm curious about and hopefully someone can answer them for me.
I am one of the very first to place my order, Nov 27th, 2018. Back then they didn't have a box to check for which one you might want, R1T or R1S, so I thought I would have choice when they were to be delivered. Back then both had the same delivery schedule. The price was also going to be about the same.
I do have the order confirmation email, but it did not give me an order number? the price initially was $60,000. Then sometime later Rivian said, $60,000 was before the government rebate of $7,500.00. So $67,500? Again a while later Rivian conveniently rounded that off to the $69,000 that everybody knows today.
Now I read somewhere that the $69,000 is also before the $7,500 rebate? So it's actually $76,500?? Does anybody know if this is so?
I am also still waiting for my Tesla Model Y that I ordered on Nov 13th, 2019. When I first saw the Cybertruck, I thought it was a joke. It has since grown on me and for the $100 deposit Tesla wanted, I thought why not, so I placed an order for one in January 2020, thinking it might get here before the Rivian.
My Rivian timeline goes as follows, I was initially told that deliveries would start at the end of 2019. That soon became "Early 2020". Again a few months later, "It's going to be mid 2020", more like July, August timeframe. Again months later, "No, we expect deliveries towards the end of 2020". Then, months go by again and now they tell me "Early 2021".
As we now know, they have narrowed it down to June 2021 for the truck and August for the SUV.
I must say I am sceptical. Elon has built three Gigafactories in less time it took Rivian to convert a small existing plant. What's up with that?
Anyway, I do look forward to the vehicle, Rivian placed me in the R1S order group, I guess because most people wanted the truck. I also thought the lights looked odd, but it too has grown on me since.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts