Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It looks like the R1T can't come sooner because Tesla owners are starting to get restless.

Rather than waiting for Tesla to come out with their new pickup truck, YouTuber Simone Giertz took matters into her own hands and turned a Model 3 into a pickup truck. It looks exactly like a Ute that you can find from Ford and Holden in Australia.

The 30 minute video tracks the process for how the Model 3 got transformed into "Truckla." The truckbed comes from a Ford F-150 and the rear window is from a GMC Canyon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm actually surprised someone, or even Tesla, hasn't done a one off truck build using the Model X. Something to the effect of a SEMA style build. Done right it would be even cooler than the pickup in this rendering:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm actually surprised someone, or even Tesla, hasn't done a one off truck build using the Model X. Something to the effect of a SEMA style build. Done right it would be even cooler than the pickup in this rendering:

Personally I have a soft spot for Aussie Ute's so I'd rather see someone create a vehicle like the one in the video. But I'm also surprised this Tesla hasn't been made as a concept. If it was a few years ago when vehicles like the Escalade EXT were popular I think this would definitely be made.

·
Registered
449 Posts

This looks like the EV version of the Subaru Baja...It would have to have a serious redesign for it to do well.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Apparently Simone's Tesla Truck isn't the only one wandering around. There's also the "Teslamino" from EV West that originally started as a Model S. Of the two the "Truckla" looks more finished but it's still cool to see the same thing done to the Model S.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Well, Elon has done well with keeping product launches secret till the complete product is ready. A prime example being the Tesla Model Y, it was a complete surprise to everyone and is something people always wanted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts