Votes: 23 52.3%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you own a Tesla currently?
Which model?
Are you keeping it or will your Rivian replace it?

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
148 Posts
I have a BMW i3 and I am keeping it. The R1S will be the family/wife’s car 🚙

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
235 Posts
2015 Model S 85D. Will be giving it to my daughter when I get my Rivian, and either trading or selling my 2019 4Runner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Model X and love it. Free supercharging for life. Will definitely keep it after I take delivery on my R1T

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a dual motor Model 3 but will be trading it in for the R1T. I'm 6'2" and the M3 is just too low to the ground for me. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a 2021 Model Y Long Range with FSD and the $2000 performance upgrade. I'll be giving it to my son (lucky bastard) who is in his 2nd year in college. Then getting a Nobe to run around the retirement community.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a Model S with a 75 kW battery which currently has about 95,000 miles and a rated range of 228 miles (248 when new). We need a larger vehicle as we'll soon have 3 children. I have reservations for the Rivian SUV and for the Cybertruck. I'm not sure which I'll get but more than likely will get one of those. I'd like to keep the Model S since it has free Supercharging. We'll see how much it is worth when the time comes to purchase the larger vehicle.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a Model S with a 75 kW battery which currently has about 95,000 miles and a rated range of 228 miles (248 when new). We need a larger vehicle as we'll soon have 3 children. I have reservations for the Rivian SUV and for the Cybertruck. I'm not sure which I'll get but more than likely will get one of those. I'd like to keep the Model S since it has free Supercharging. We'll see how much it is worth when the time comes to purchase the larger vehicle.
Depending on when you placed your Rivian order, you may get the Cybertruck first!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Depending on when you placed your Rivian order, you may get the Cybertruck first!
Possibly--I'm very early on the Cybertruck list, but time isn't that big of an issue for me. I want to see the final version of both vehicles before making a decision. There are pros and cons to each, so I'm honestly not sure which way I'll go. The Cybertruck has the 500 mile range and the incredible Supercharging network, but I think I'd prefer an SUV, and Rivian also will have a removable roof, so its going to be a tough call.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Allegedly. No one has actually seen it. And Tesla has a history of over-promising, and under-delivering -- late, too. Even their current products don't get their EPA estimates.
I’ve always been able to get the rated range or slightly better on my Model S at highway speeds (between 75-80 MPH) except in winter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Possibly--I'm very early on the Cybertruck list, but time isn't that big of an issue for me. I want to see the final version of both vehicles before making a decision. There are pros and cons to each, so I'm honestly not sure which way I'll go. The Cybertruck has the 500 mile range and the incredible Supercharging network, but I think I'd prefer an SUV, and Rivian also will have a removable roof, so its going to be a tough call.
This is an interesting point you bring up-- the 500-mile range of Cybertruck. I saw in Car and Driver that in EPA testing Tesla and Audi opt not to take the default 30% reduction in distance from their dynamometer tests of city-highway driving cycles. (They instead run additional cycles). So I wonder if Rivian will end up estimating their range based on the same EPA method as Tesla and Audi.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Model Y LR and we will keep it to replace my wife's current Infiniti SUV. The Model Y is currently playing the role of my replacement for a Land Rover LR4.. which I missed the day I sold it! Excited and hopeful to get the R1S (LE) and anticipating delivery Sept / Oct (Feb '19 order).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the Tesla model S- it has been a great car for me. I hav.e an order for the R1S as a third vehicle for th/e family, with my son about to start driving. Does anyone know if we will be able to test drive a Rivian before purchase? My delivery date would not be sooner than January; I am assuming and hoping to try it out before final pu

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been daily a Model X for 4 years, almost 80K miles. Hands down best commuter I've ever owned. I need a new EV at the end of the year to get new HOV sticker. I have reservation for R1S and Cybertruck, exciting times for us EV drivers.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts