Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2020 Consumer Reports reliability rankings are out and Tesla finished second last. They finished ahead of only Lincoln.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It’s completely bogus. It’s partially because owners don’t know how to use the functions and get frustrated. My model 3 has by far been the most reliable and hassle free car I’ve owned so far including a Honda Civic and Infiniti g35 both of which are known to be reliable.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It’s completely bogus. It’s partially because owners don’t know how to use the functions and get frustrated. My model 3 has by far been the most reliable and hassle free car I’ve owned so far including a Honda Civic and Infiniti g35 both of which are known to be reliable.
Not many severe issues that could make a vehicle unreliable, but these were fairly common.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not many severe issues that could make a vehicle unreliable, but these were fairly common.
Panel alignment is definitely not perfect on the early ones. My wife’s Infiniti suv had 8 warranty service and repair visits in the first year. My Tesla had zero. Anecdotal but it’s one reason EV owners love their cars so much, there’s basically no service, and why I’m really excited about Rivian. Tesla doesn’t have any large family SUVs (model x isn’t big enough and I never enjoyed the two times I did overnight test drives) and I’m eager to try out an R1S and hopefully buy one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts