Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flash photography Camera Gadget Font Gas

Tesla has been promising to open the Supercharger network to non-Teslas in the U.S. for some time now, and it looks like an update to the Tesla app might have leaked the details early.

Sawyer Merrritt has a thread on Twitter from late last night where he spotted the option to sign up for two plans:
  1. Pay Per Use: Pay as you go, access to Supercharger network
  2. Membership: $0.99/month (in the U.S.) access to Supercharger network, lower price per kWh
He said he was able to successfully sign in but couldn't really confirm any details because he doesn't own a non-Tesla EV, and then sent an update to say the feature had been removed from the app -- speculating it had been accidentally published ahead of launch.

He also points out that Electrify America's monthly fee is $4 and wonders if either Tesla is trying to undercut the main competitor, or if they will actually launch at $9.99.

Read the whole thread here:

·
Registered
R1S El Cap
19 Posts
I'm definitely getting a membership since there's a few of those Supercharger locations near me.
Every time I drive by a supercharger station, I see a line of teslas just waiting to charge...and that's just with pure teslas. It's going to be very interesting once the full launch goes live...I would be annoyed as a tesla owner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts