• We've discovered most of the poignant details regarding the truck

• Polls are Useless

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Rivian R1T, 600hp Fisker Karma
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm planning on taking the R1T on 20s to the drag strip to get the official 0-60 and quarter-mile time. I'm also planning on Overlanding the R1T soon to test what it's like to overland against a Bronco and possibly a gladiator. This led me to the conclusion...

What do you think should be covered more on the R1T?

Along with the Overlanding once I can source a pair of 22s I'm super interested in taking the Rivian to Laguna Seca, and seeing how it performs in different drive modes.

·
Registered
2017 Prius, 2012 Tacoma, 2012 Vespa GTV300
256 Posts
The only topic I'd like to see more data on is the range impact when towing. Respectfully, every other self-professed automotive journalist has covered this truck ad nauseum. I wouldn't waste your time and money and unnecessarily contribute more GHG. Sorry!

·
Registered
Rivian R1T, 600hp Fisker Karma
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only topic I'd like to see more data on is the range impact when towing. Respectfully, every other self-professed automotive journalist has covered this truck ad nauseum. I wouldn't waste your time and money and unnecessarily contribute more GHG. Sorry!
I definitely am going to try towing the R1T. I'm interested to see if I tow two CAN-AMs how much range it will get.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Please don't tell me about the flash light anymore. The 0-60, 1/4 mile isn't really interesting anymore either. We get it. EVs go in a straight line quickly.

What I would like to see is what you proposed. Everything has been geared towards going off road so far. But this truck is also one of the first sport trucks in a very long time. Sure there have been performance trucks, but it's off road performance, straight line performance. There hasn't been much if any on actual handling. Edmunds shared it'll pull 0.87 lateral gs.

I'd like to be catered to as a sport truck fan. An el camino fan. A Aussie Sport Ute fan. I'd like to know how it handles, what's it compare to car wise. It's great that it's the best handling truck ever made, but I would like some context. Are we talking about best truck out there but handles like a Buick LeSabre? Or are we talking bout this thing a dancing elephant that can hang with a Miata?

Just my 2c

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'd like to know how it handles, what's it compare to car wise. It's great that it's the best handling truck ever made, but I would like some context. Are we talking about best truck out there but handles like a Buick LeSabre? Or are we talking bout this thing a dancing elephant that can hang with a Miata?
Check out the reviews by Kyle of Out of Spec, google his youtube reviews or search this site for the links

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'd like to see a "Paris to Dakar" rally with the Rivian. Absent that do something spectacular-set a new lap record for a truck. Most EVs can go fast in a straight line but I think the Rivian is very capable of doing more. I'd like to see how it handles around the track. Wonder what Chris Harris would do with it?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Check out the reviews by Kyle of Out of Spec, google his youtube reviews or search this site for the links
I watched his videos, he took them out on some carving roads. He did some good comparisons in a straight line against various cars, but nothing in terms of a track/handling that wasn't isolated.

If I'm wrong, send me a link. I'd greatly appreciate it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts