Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bollinger announced their pricing for the B1 & B2 and both trucks will start at a crazy $125,000. In doing so they make the R1T ($69,000) and R1S ($72,500) look like complete bargains.

I admit there's come cool things about both trucks, but at that price point it's a hard pass for me.

Today, Bollinger confirmed that the trucks will cost $125,000:

"Bollinger Motors announced today its suggested retail price for the Bollinger B1 Sport Utility Truck and the B2 Pickup Truck. The all-electric, all-wheel-drive vehicles will have an MSRP of $125,000."

Robert Bollinger, CEO and founder of Bollinger Motors, commented on the latest announcement today:

"We’re going to production with all of the components and features that our team developed from the start; we’re staying true to our DNA. Our trucks deliver a level of performance unlike anything on the market or coming to market."

The company says that both the Bollinger B1 and the Bollinger B2 will go into production in the US next year, but the first deliveries are planned for 2021.

They are now taking reservations with $1,000 refundable deposits.

Here are the latest production specs for the Bollinger B1 and B2:
  • Dual Motor
  • 614 Horsepower
  • 668 lb.-ft. Torque
  • 4.5 Second 0-60 MPH
  • 100 MPH Top Speed
  • 7.8 Power/Weight Ratio
  • 2 Speed, Hi/Lo Range Gearbox
  • 15” Ground Clearance
  • 10” Wheel Travel
  • (10” to 20” Variable Ground Clearance)
  • 5201 LB. Payload Capacity
  • 7500 LB Towing Capacity
  • Geared Axle Hubs
  • LT285/70/R17
  • 11.75” Vented Brakes
  • 4-Wheel Anti-Lock Inboard Discs
  • 120 kWh Battery Pack
  • Patented Storage Pass-Through Door
Source - https://electrek.co/2019/10/24/bollinger-electric-trucks-price/

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've been following Bollinger. This is really disappointing, and I think sounds their death knell. Few enough who can and want to afford a $100,000 vehicle (Rivian by the time you accessorize, register, insure and pay taxes). Far fewer who will buy a $150,000 Hummer from an under-capitalized start-up.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I've been following Bollinger. This is really disappointing, and I think sounds their death knell. Few enough who can and want to afford a $100,000 vehicle (Rivian by the time you accessorize, register, insure and pay taxes). Far fewer who will buy a $150,000 Hummer from an under-capitalized start-up.
I get that Bollinger is trying to be more exclusive with low volume production, but $125,000 is insanely high. I'm curious to see how many they can actually sell at that price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts