Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a news report last week that Rivian says it will be locating its Customer Engagement Center at its Normal campus. So there seems to be a healthy expectation of customers. But if production is delayed too long people will take their money elsewhere when they tire of waiting. To keep prospective customers interested there should be an effort to keep up regular news releases about progress in terms of weeks left until the factory is equipped, till a preliminary assembly process is scheduled and finally in what month people can look forward to seeing a shiny new vehicle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
There was a news report last week that Rivian says it will be locating its Customer Engagement Center at its Normal campus. So there seems to be a healthy expectation of customers. But if production is delayed too long people will take their money elsewhere when they tire of waiting. To keep prospective customers interested there should be an effort to keep up regular news releases about progress in terms of weeks left until the factory is equipped, till a preliminary assembly process is scheduled and finally in what month people can look forward to seeing a shiny new vehicle.
yes.. it has been and continues to be a long wait with Rivian having pushed its launch into 2021 now.. personally, for us as a family and our needs in order to make the switch to EV, there is no rush for us to go else where as Rivian seems to have well thought out product that will help us make our switch from ICE to EV ( life long Jepp and Ford Raptor owners ). Other EV brands don't meet our needs as a family and work related. We as a family are quite active outdoors, in my case, I get myself into some peculiar situations trying to access remote work locations that either only my Jeep or Raptor can get the job done. Until Rivian hits we have no problem in remaining with our current vehicle solution.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have received surprisingly little communication from them. I would have expected that someone putting down a 1000$ would at least appear somewhat serious and be worthy of some commutations... I hope the truck is worth it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts