Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a news report last week that Rivian says it will be locating its Customer Engagement Center at its Normal campus. So there seems to be a healthy expectation of customers. But if production is delayed too long people will take their money elsewhere when they tire of waiting. To keep prospective customers interested there should be an effort to keep up regular news releases about progress in terms of weeks left until the factory is equipped, till a preliminary assembly process is scheduled and finally in what month people can look forward to seeing a shiny new vehicle.

·
Registered
27 Posts
There was a news report last week that Rivian says it will be locating its Customer Engagement Center at its Normal campus. So there seems to be a healthy expectation of customers. But if production is delayed too long people will take their money elsewhere when they tire of waiting. To keep prospective customers interested there should be an effort to keep up regular news releases about progress in terms of weeks left until the factory is equipped, till a preliminary assembly process is scheduled and finally in what month people can look forward to seeing a shiny new vehicle.
yes.. it has been and continues to be a long wait with Rivian having pushed its launch into 2021 now.. personally, for us as a family and our needs in order to make the switch to EV, there is no rush for us to go else where as Rivian seems to have well thought out product that will help us make our switch from ICE to EV ( life long Jepp and Ford Raptor owners ). Other EV brands don't meet our needs as a family and work related. We as a family are quite active outdoors, in my case, I get myself into some peculiar situations trying to access remote work locations that either only my Jeep or Raptor can get the job done. Until Rivian hits we have no problem in remaining with our current vehicle solution.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have received surprisingly little communication from them. I would have expected that someone putting down a 1000$ would at least appear somewhat serious and be worthy of some commutations... I hope the truck is worth it!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Does anyone know if there will be any shows/events where we can "sit-test" them?
They were doing a bunch of events before the pandemic hit, but who knows what they'll be able to do now.
Rivian attended or hosted about a half dozen or so events since their reveal in Nov 2018 at the LA Auto Show. Not one of them was anybody allowed to touch let alone sit in any of the prototypes. Unfortunately I do not see that changing any time soon, especially with the pandemic and certainly not before the online configurator becomes available.

I've been asking Rivian directly once the configurator comes online when we can expect safety ratings (front, side, rollover) and test drives. Here's their latest response from last week: "The configuration process is right around the corner. Test drives and safety rating details will be coming at a later date! "

I have received surprisingly little communication from them. I would have expected that someone putting down a 1000$ would at least appear somewhat serious and be worthy of some commutations...
On one hand I'd say get use to it as Rivian is not big on communicating. Potential side effect from being in stealth mode for nearly a decade that they really need to shed. On the other hand, I'd would highly recommend and even encourage you to reach out to them with any questions or even express your opinion to them communicating more instead of waiting for them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am very concerned about being able to sit inside the R1S i am a male 6' 4" 240 pounds and would like to know that i can fit comfortably inside. I live in Miami FL. 33127 not aware of any shows close to me. will there be any ?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I am very concerned about being able to sit inside the R1S i am a male 6' 4" 240 pounds and would like to know that i can fit comfortably inside.
I think anybody of any height or weight should be concerned. I am. None the less, would you feel more confident about fitting comfortably in a Rivian if I told you the 7' 1", 300# Shaq fits comfortably in one? Well, he does. Check out this FoxNews article with an imbedded Instagram video of him getting into a Rivian. Plenty more examples on the web if you search for Rivian and Shaq.

I live in Miami FL. 33127 not aware of any shows close to me. will there be any ?
If there are none of them have been announced publicly or to the pre-order holders. Your best bet is to contact Rivian directly and ask them - [email protected] or via one of their social media accounts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just saw where RJ took time to talk witn CNBC and tell them that there would not be an IPO any time in the immediate future. That is a good indication that "the team" is keeping its nose to the grindstone and focusing on getting production and assembly organized and put it place. So it is now the second half of 2020 leaving only six months to the year of 2021 when "DELIVERY" of the new babies is promised. Over 18 months since deposit was placed!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am very concerned about being able to sit inside the R1S i am a male 6' 4" 240 pounds and would like to know that i can fit comfortably inside. I live in Miami FL. 33127 not aware of any shows close to me. will there be any ?
I'm in S. FL too; Broward County. Just saying "Hi" to a fellow Rivian fan in the Sunshine State 🖐🌅

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm in S. FL too; Broward County. Just saying "Hi" to a fellow Rivian fan in the Sunshine State 🖐🌅
Hi Barkway:cool:🖐, a little too much sunshine in July, more record temps. Well, I am not as tall as you but about as big, I must admit. If you do not have any trouble getting in an ICE SUV, do not think you will have any difficulty in a Rivian. There has not been a demo event in our area to the best of my knowledge, so I can not say that I have tested the cabin size either.
Had hoped to visit the factory this summer, but that had to be postponed. So I may not see or touch a Rivian until ours is built! 😲 While it has been a long time since the one time I ordered a Chevy van custom built to our order, I decided it was necessary to make a deposit early so that we could have a suitable sized EV-SUV ASAP. Our Lincoln Navigator is now 15 years old, and while still in very good condition, it is not electric. As we have been trying to reduce our carbon footprint, it is necessary to get an electric vehicle. At my age and size, getting in and out of a Tesla was found to be not as easy as the Lincoln. And so the long wait.🚙

·
Registered
473 Posts
I think anybody of any height or weight should be concerned. I am. None the less, would you feel more confident about fitting comfortably in a Rivian if I told you the 7' 1", 300# Shaq fits comfortably in one? Well, he does. Check out this FoxNews article with an imbedded Instagram video of him getting into a Rivian. Plenty more examples on the web if you search for Rivian and Shaq.

If there are none of them have been announced publicly or to the pre-order holders. Your best bet is to contact Rivian directly and ask them - [email protected] or via one of their social media accounts.
Shaq looked like he had a decent amount of headroom left once he got settled in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh that wasn't me that was concerned about being too tall for the vehicle.
And yes, it is hot as the hinges of h*ll right now down here. I hate FL summers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts