Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Does anyone know if there will be any shows/events where we can "sit-test" them?
They were doing a bunch of events before the pandemic hit, but who knows what they'll be able to do now.
Rivian attended or hosted about a half dozen or so events since their reveal in Nov 2018 at the LA Auto Show. Not one of them was anybody allowed to touch let alone sit in any of the prototypes. Unfortunately I do not see that changing any time soon, especially with the pandemic and certainly not before the online configurator becomes available.

I've been asking Rivian directly once the configurator comes online when we can expect safety ratings (front, side, rollover) and test drives. Here's their latest response from last week: "The configuration process is right around the corner. Test drives and safety rating details will be coming at a later date! "

I have received surprisingly little communication from them. I would have expected that someone putting down a 1000$ would at least appear somewhat serious and be worthy of some commutations...
On one hand I'd say get use to it as Rivian is not big on communicating. Potential side effect from being in stealth mode for nearly a decade that they really need to shed. On the other hand, I'd would highly recommend and even encourage you to reach out to them with any questions or even express your opinion to them communicating more instead of waiting for them.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I am very concerned about being able to sit inside the R1S i am a male 6' 4" 240 pounds and would like to know that i can fit comfortably inside.
I think anybody of any height or weight should be concerned. I am. None the less, would you feel more confident about fitting comfortably in a Rivian if I told you the 7' 1", 300# Shaq fits comfortably in one? Well, he does. Check out this FoxNews article with an imbedded Instagram video of him getting into a Rivian. Plenty more examples on the web if you search for Rivian and Shaq.

I live in Miami FL. 33127 not aware of any shows close to me. will there be any ?
If there are none of them have been announced publicly or to the pre-order holders. Your best bet is to contact Rivian directly and ask them - [email protected] or via one of their social media accounts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.