Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a news report last week that Rivian says it will be locating its Customer Engagement Center at its Normal campus. So there seems to be a healthy expectation of customers. But if production is delayed too long people will take their money elsewhere when they tire of waiting. To keep prospective customers interested there should be an effort to keep up regular news releases about progress in terms of weeks left until the factory is equipped, till a preliminary assembly process is scheduled and finally in what month people can look forward to seeing a shiny new vehicle.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just saw where RJ took time to talk witn CNBC and tell them that there would not be an IPO any time in the immediate future. That is a good indication that "the team" is keeping its nose to the grindstone and focusing on getting production and assembly organized and put it place. So it is now the second half of 2020 leaving only six months to the year of 2021 when "DELIVERY" of the new babies is promised. Over 18 months since deposit was placed!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm in S. FL too; Broward County. Just saying "Hi" to a fellow Rivian fan in the Sunshine State 🖐🌅
Hi Barkway:cool:🖐, a little too much sunshine in July, more record temps. Well, I am not as tall as you but about as big, I must admit. If you do not have any trouble getting in an ICE SUV, do not think you will have any difficulty in a Rivian. There has not been a demo event in our area to the best of my knowledge, so I can not say that I have tested the cabin size either.
Had hoped to visit the factory this summer, but that had to be postponed. So I may not see or touch a Rivian until ours is built! 😲 While it has been a long time since the one time I ordered a Chevy van custom built to our order, I decided it was necessary to make a deposit early so that we could have a suitable sized EV-SUV ASAP. Our Lincoln Navigator is now 15 years old, and while still in very good condition, it is not electric. As we have been trying to reduce our carbon footprint, it is necessary to get an electric vehicle. At my age and size, getting in and out of a Tesla was found to be not as easy as the Lincoln. And so the long wait.🚙

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.