Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here Rivian shows a quick example of how practical the R1T pickup truck can be during a weekend getaway.

"On the high mountain roads of the Tetons, Bryan Iguchi and friends piled into the R1T with kids, snowboards, skis, dogs, hitchhikers and smiles. Here are a few of the highlights from our recent trip to Wyoming...

Note: The folks in this film are trained experts in avalanche safety. Please use extreme caution and stay informed of daily avalanche forecasts and reports when heading into the backcountry. This field test was made in careful compliance with local guidelines for COVID-19."

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
307 Posts
Awesome video! I guess we now know where the tailgate release button is! What we previously thought was the tonneau cover buttons. The kid opens it at 1:17 mark. It also appears that the tailgate is dampened.

Reactions: MilesK

·
Registered
523 Posts
Awesome video! I guess we now know where the tailgate release button is! What we previously thought was the tonneau cover buttons. The kid opens it at 1:17 mark. It also appears that the tailgate is dampened.
It may not be fully auto but at least it's not going to slam down when you push the button.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Here Rivian shows a quick example of how practical the R1T pickup truck can be during a weekend getaway.

"On the high mountain roads of the Tetons, Bryan Iguchi and friends piled into the R1T with kids, snowboards, skis, dogs, hitchhikers and smiles. Here are a few of the highlights from our recent trip to Wyoming...

Note: The folks in this film are trained experts in avalanche safety. Please use extreme caution and stay informed of daily avalanche forecasts and reports when heading into the backcountry. This field test was made in careful compliance with local guidelines for COVID-19."

I couldn't imagine being out skiing and all of a sudden a R1T shows up asking if I want a ride lol.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I always found it odd when automakers don't include them, forcing us to fork over $50 to find a universal set, and the labor to install, or pay a shop.
Now I'm curious to see if it will assist the gate going back up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts