Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I understand, the new law will effect SUVs above $80K. When I log into my Rivian portal, my Launch Edition R1S still shows as $76K estimated price (I didn't add much from the standard configuration). Wondering if I should sign the binding contract that Rivian sent me.

What is everyone doing?

Thanks.

·
Registered
R1S El Cap
19 Posts
As I understand, the new law will effect SUVs above $80K. When I log into my Rivian portal, my Launch Edition R1S still shows as $76K estimated price (I didn't add much from the standard configuration). Wondering if I should sign the binding contract that Rivian sent me.

What is everyone doing?

Thanks.

Wish I had my preorder in before the price change but I think it goes back to the question of what I'm actually getting the vehicle for. Am I getting it for the tax break or for the actual vehicle? If you're buying an 80k car for a $7500 tax break, in my opinion, you're probably better off paying the tax. We as preorder holders really have no idea of what's being planned, what laws are going to be in effect by the time you get your car. It's all speculation. But that's our risk of investing in a brand new car company. Most of the posts I see here are a bunch of entitled people wanting x,y, and z. I can see why most Rivian owners or people don't spend their time on these forums.

·
Registered
20 Posts

What is everyone doing?

Thanks.
Only do that if you can afford $100. I think that it may protect you against the battery pack not being fully approved for the rebate.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just hope that I get the R1S soon enough so that I will be able to drive it at least once without using the self diving feature. I've set aside enough money to pay cash for it. I just hope that my wife doesn't spend all of it before the R1S arrives. We get the rebate and the original price so I can understand why you guys are so angry for having to wait for your $40,000 profit on a $1,000 investment. Yea, you should show them how pissed you are by canceling you order.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts