Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

One interesting tidbit that I had not seen in other articles:

"Last year, before the pandemic struck, [Rivian] said it planned to make around 20,000 pickup trucks and S.U.V.s in 2021 and some 40,000 in 2022. It has not yet offered an updated outlook. It is aiming to have production capacity of 250,000 vehicles a year at its plant in Normal, Ill., by the middle of the decade. The company has not disclosed how many orders it has taken, but a spokeswoman said it had customers lined up for all the vehicles it expected to make this year."

If we read between the lines, I believe the vehicles it "expected to make this year" likely refers to the Launch Edition, but not sure what that means for someone with a reservation near #40,000, like me. 2022?? Thoughts??

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
2022 does seem more like it for you with the pace Rivian will move at. Unless of course you're able to take a 2021 spot that someone drops. If so, are you sticking it out till then or might get something else that arrives sooner?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2022 does seem more like it for you with the pace Rivian will move at. Unless of course you're able to take a 2021 spot that someone drops. If so, are you sticking it out till then or might get something else that arrives sooner?
There's nothing else to get! It's R1T for me all the way. I do want the 400 mi version though. Hoping Rivian will be able to crank them out in early 2022!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually have two reservations - one for the R1T LE and one for the 400 mi variant. My wife will only let me buy one :) so I have to wait and see how they roll out.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Based on the original quoted plan of 20,000 in 2021, that was based on starting deliveries in Dec 2020, not June 2021. So for me, that appears there will only be about 10,000 LEs in 2021, followed by 40,000 in 2022, if they stay on track. With a reservation number of 40,000 you would be fall of 2022 for your delivery. My reservation number is at 10,000, but I want the removable roof, so that is delayed until June 2022.

I am considering changing my order from a fully loaded R1T to a scaled down R1S Explorer for my wife. I should definitely get that in Jan-Feb 2022. Then I will get the Hummer in late 2022 or early 2023 for me. I am currently wait listed for the Launch Edition of the Hummer, but have a definite V3 reserved. GM has already told me I can upgrade to the equivalent of the Launch Edition, just means getting it later.

·
Registered
5 Posts
[QUOTE="someone with a reservation near #40,000, like me.
[/QUOTE]

How can you tell what your reservation # is? Is it somewhere on your configuration summary?

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
307 Posts
@bonnie When did you pre-order?
If its around December 2019, then near 40,000. I think anyone ordering now is over 60,000.
Google “rivian reservation graph” and you just might find a graph based on a survey of current reservations holders. There was a big jump in Dec 2019 from 20,000 to 40,000. So if you are in that timeframe, you real position is likely 20,000 less than your actual reservation number. You’d also need to take into account that some folks who reserved may not actually purchase, or may wait until certain options they desire are available such as MaxPack battery. My position is in the 16,000’s, but given I’ve configured an L1T LE, I’m thinking my real position will likely be in the first 10,000. But that might be just wishful thinking 😆.

Reactions: eHauler

·
Registered
200 Posts
I reserved in May 2019, my number was 11237, substract 1000 and that is 10237. They started with 1001. I have not ordered an LE because I wanted the Max Pack. I also want the removable roof, which they are now claiming June 2022 to deliver. My early preorder has providied me no advantage, that is why I also put in a reservation for a Hummer.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
307 Posts
I reserved in May 2019, my number was 11237, substract 1000 and that is 10237. They started with 1001. I have not ordered an LE because I wanted the Max Pack. I also want the removable roof, which they are now claiming June 2022 to deliver. My early preorder has providied me no advantage, that is why I also put in a reservation for a Hummer.
I’ve now moved up one more “virtual” spot. Thanks @azbill!

I forgot about the 1,000 starting spot. I guess that’s to make up for all those “in the wild” test vehicles we are seeing!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How can you tell what your reservation # is? Is it somewhere on your configuration summary?
According to the graph, I'd actually be around 28000 since I pre-ordered in July of 2020. I hadn't subtracted the 20k jump. The only way I know is by looking at that graph. There used to be a way to see the reservation number in the URL of the pre-order confirmation email but that was eliminated a couple of days before I tried. Doesn't work now. The reservations just before me (before the 20k subtraction) were around #40000ish, or so I heard.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
According to the graph, I'd actually be around 28000 since I pre-ordered in July of 2020. I hadn't subtracted the 20k jump. The only way I know is by looking at that graph. There used to be a way to see the reservation number in the URL of the pre-order confirmation email but that was eliminated a couple of days before I tried. Doesn't work now. The reservations just before me (before the 20k subtraction) were around #40000ish, or so I heard.
With 2021 being a big year for Rivian they might start giving us more insight. Q2?

·
Registered
7 Posts
It would be interesting to know what percentage Rivian thinks will actually buy compared to the $1K place holder. My wild assed guess would be more than 50% but less than 60%.

Steve

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
It would be interesting to know what percentage Rivian thinks will actually buy compared to the $1K place holder. My wild assed guess would be more than 50% but less than 60%.

Steve
That sounds about right.

$1,000 is a lot to commit and much unlike the $100 that Tesla requires for the Cybertruck. At that little down, I wonder how many of the 250,000 that pre-ordered will actually buy the Tesla pickup truck.

·
Registered
27 Posts

One interesting tidbit that I had not seen in other articles:

"Last year, before the pandemic struck, [Rivian] said it planned to make around 20,000 pickup trucks and S.U.V.s in 2021 and some 40,000 in 2022. It has not yet offered an updated outlook. It is aiming to have production capacity of 250,000 vehicles a year at its plant in Normal, Ill., by the middle of the decade. The company has not disclosed how many orders it has taken, but a spokeswoman said it had customers lined up for all the vehicles it expected to make this year."

If we read between the lines, I believe the vehicles it "expected to make this year" likely refers to the Launch Edition, but not sure what that means for someone with a reservation near #40,000, like me. 2022?? Thoughts??
Dumb question, how do I figure out my reservation #?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts