Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
R1S LE in LE Green (8/14/2019 Preorder)
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I changed my config to a delivery van…
Olav, that is the best laugh I have had all day! With all the people I hear about trying to change their configuration to see who can get a guide to call them—you have the best idea yet! Thanks for the laugh!

·
Registered
R1S and R1T
1 Posts
Yes, it's pretty clear that the Amazon van project gets head of the line privileges here. I get it. 100 million bucks vs my 1000 bucks for a deposit? Of course Amazon is getting the red carpet treatment. The thing that bugs me? STOP trying to distract us with crap like the AMAZING CAMP KITCHEN!!!! The video update that Rivian posted was kind of a slap in the face. 2 minutes devoted only to the camping kitchen and the rest to the Amazon vans and AI trucks. Lame. Happy to support this start up and wait my turn but a little more transparency would be nice. Good or bad. Any news is good news. "No Gnus is good Gnus....I'm Gary Gnu....Goodnight"

·
Registered
316 Posts
They're different production lines and, presumably, different production personnel. The delivery trucks have been appearing on roads for many months so it's unlikely that they're sacrificing consumer vehicles to fulfill Amazon's order.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
232 Posts
I too did the same with the exact color as yours! The ride and drive is sooooo smooth, so responsive - love it. I did, however, keep my R1T order to replace my 2017 F-150. Can't wait!
I still have an R1T and a Hummer SUT reserved. I really want the Hummer over the R1T, so as long as Hummer deliveries start this fall, and EPA range comes in at 350, I will end up dumping my R1T reservation. I was considering getting my wife the R1S with my Rivian reservation, but with all the delays and uncertainties, I gave up on that and got the Mach E.

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Silverado Trail Boss (FS), 2021 Mustang Mach E GT (Wife's), 2019 Bolt EV, CC Marine 26
12 Posts
I still have an R1T and a Hummer SUT reserved. I really want the Hummer over the R1T, so as long as Hummer deliveries start this fall, and EPA range comes in at 350, I will end up dumping my R1T reservation. I was considering getting my wife the R1S with my Rivian reservation, but with all the delays and uncertainties, I gave up on that and got the Mach E.
Haha!
Yesterday I ordered a Mach E GT for my wife and, I put a deposit on a Lightning. I think there is a good chance that the Lightning will be available before my Rivian preorder.

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Silverado Trail Boss (FS), 2021 Mustang Mach E GT (Wife's), 2019 Bolt EV, CC Marine 26
12 Posts
Welcome to the forum @raschnei!

How did you spec the Mach-E and Lighting?
What is the public charging network like near you? Is it enough?
Hi Guys,
I took the wife and daughter to the Ford dealership because they had two Mach E’s with different trim levels in stock. I wanted to get my wife the GT, which isn’t available yet, because they have an extended range and AWD. We were able to see the Red color which she liked.
The dealership informed me that they are not getting a lot of orders for the GT and are saying the car should be ready in 12-14 weeks, but it could be sooner. They also gave me the option of buying a Mach E with a similar configuration if one arrived sooner, but I would have to pay the dealership markup.
As for the Lightning, the only thing I was able to do is put down the $100 deposit. As of the time I went, there were no trim level choices. However, they told me the trucks could be available as early as January. I am taking delivery estimates with a “we’ll see” approach. But, I am more inclined to believe Ford than Rivian.
I have been without a truck for 1.5 years now and have been patiently waiting for my R1T preorder.
I sold my Ram Ecodiesel and bought a Chevy Bolt to hold me over until the Rivian was ready. Unfortunately, I can’t keep waiting and am growing more pessimistic about Rivian every day.
All I want to say about Rivian deliveries, is that they sure “screwed the pooch” with their under promise and over deliver philosophy.
As for charging, I live in So.Cal., and public charging stations are abundant. Also, I have two 40 amp chargers in my garage. So, I rarely need to charge on the road.

Rob

·
Registered
797 Posts
Hi Guys,
I took the wife and daughter to the Ford dealership because they had two Mach E’s with different trim levels in stock. I wanted to get my wife the GT, which isn’t available yet, because they have an extended range and AWD. We were able to see the Red color which she liked.
The dealership informed me that they are not getting a lot of orders for the GT and are saying the car should be ready in 12-14 weeks, but it could be sooner. They also gave me the option of buying a Mach E with a similar configuration if one arrived sooner, but I would have to pay the dealership markup.
As for the Lightning, the only thing I was able to do is put down the $100 deposit. As of the time I went, there were no trim level choices. However, they told me the trucks could be available as early as January. I am taking delivery estimates with a “we’ll see” approach. But, I am more inclined to believe Ford than Rivian.
I have been without a truck for 1.5 years now and have been patiently waiting for my R1T preorder.
I sold my Ram Ecodiesel and bought a Chevy Bolt to hold me over until the Rivian was ready. Unfortunately, I can’t keep waiting and am growing more pessimistic about Rivian every day.
All I want to say about Rivian deliveries, is that they sure “screwed the pooch” with their under promise and over deliver philosophy.
As for charging, I live in So.Cal., and public charging stations are abundant. Also, I have two 40 amp chargers in my garage. So, I rarely need to charge on the road.

Rob
Welcome @raschnei! So you and your wife ordered a red Mach-E GT? Apparently its range numbers exceeded what Ford initially expected from the EPA. What kind of home charging setup do you have right now?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome @raschnei! So you and your wife ordered a red Mach-E GT? Apparently its range numbers exceeded what Ford initially expected from the EPA. What kind of home charging setup do you have right now?

Hi Miles,
I ordered a Mach E for my wife, and I put a deposit on a F-150 Lightning pick up truck.
As for home charging, I have two JuiceBox 40AMP 220V chargers in my garage. I had planned to be all electric with vehicles by now but am running a little behind schedule.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, it's pretty clear that the Amazon van project gets head of the line privileges here. I get it. 100 million bucks vs my 1000 bucks for a deposit? Of course Amazon is getting the red carpet treatment. The thing that bugs me? STOP trying to distract us with crap like the AMAZING CAMP KITCHEN!!!! The video update that Rivian posted was kind of a slap in the face. 2 minutes devoted only to the camping kitchen and the rest to the Amazon vans and AI trucks. Lame. Happy to support this start up and wait my turn but a little more transparency would be nice. Good or bad. Any news is good news. "No Gnus is good Gnus....I'm Gary Gnu....Goodnight"
Couldn't agree more. For a company that is supposed to be engineer driven, it appears that the spin doctors, aka. communications experts, have taken over. If it's going to take more time, tell me!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
It shouldn't be a surprise that the Amazon vans are getting first priority. If someone invested over $700 million to my business I'd be bending backwards trying to hold my end of the bargain.

The lack of deliveries so far suck but I'd rather them recognize any issues and deal with them before sending vehicles out rather than rushing things and sending out trucks with some kind of an issue. The last thing any of us want is to see Rivians show up with weird and wacky Tesla-like issues.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.