Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there's an interesting problem developing here with the recent public offering.

The latest official communication to pre-order holders said that we will all hear from our guide no later than Thanksgiving. Well, that's in two weeks. I personally havent heard from anyone yet.

Here in lies the issue. Would they really go public just two weeks before publicly announcing yet another delay, knowing full well it will have a negative impact on share price?

Show of hands, how many people think we all hear by Thanksgiving.......

·
Registered
229 Posts
We "ALL" will not hear from a Rivian Guide by Thanksgiving. Unless there was a more recent communication to pre-order holders, in the email I received on Apr 23, 2021 it stated the following: (I bolded the text for emphasis)

"A dedicated Rivian Guide will be assigned to every preorder holder. Guides will begin reaching out in May based on the above three factors, however, due to the large number of preorders, many of you won’t be in this initial cohort of outreach. We expect every Launch Edition preorder holder to meet their Guide by Thanksgiving. From that point forward, your Guide will be with you every step of the way — from purchase to delivery and beyond."​

Since then I've talked to Rivian Customer Support a few times. On more than one occasion when I asked about the Guides, CS said since the R1T LE will be the first to be produced and delivered, the Guides are prioritizing contacting them first, which obviously makes sense. So as an early R1S LE pre-order holder I'll be very surprised if I hear from a Rivian Guide by the end of the year. Again, there may may be more recent information from Rivian I haven't seen regarding specifically the Guides contacting pre-order holders.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
(I was curiously checking in to see what sort of pubic conundrum a truck or SUV could raise for someone because sheez there’s all sorts of weird folks on the internet but was disappoint. )

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
(I was curiously checking in to see what sort of pubic conundrum a truck or SUV could raise for someone because sheez there’s all sorts of weird folks on the internet but was disappoint. )
Hahaha. Note to self, don't post a thread when you're tired. But I guess it makes sense because I've got my "panties in a bunch" over this delay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.