Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
351 Posts
Anyone else have to open their rear door in order for the button to actuate the gear tunnel door mechanism?

Mine is intermittent with this, but about 30% of the time the button does nothing! I then open the back door adjacent to the tunnel door and hit the button again and it will open fine.

Weird!

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone else have to open their rear door in order for the button to actuate the gear tunnel door mechanism?

Mine is intermittent with this, but about 30% of the time the button does nothing! I then open the back door adjacent to the tunnel door and hit the button again and it will open fine.

Weird!
I haven't seen that. What I have seen is that the truck needs to be fully unlocked before the tunnel doors can be opened. When the truck is fully unlocked all four door handles will be sticking out. If only the driver door handle is sticking out the truck is not fully unlocked yet.

· Registered
204 Posts

Weird!
Sounds like the truck was locked. It's not an actual back door related thing.

· Registered
351 Posts
I haven't seen that. What I have seen is that the truck needs to be fully unlocked before the tunnel doors can be opened. When the truck is fully unlocked all four door handles will be sticking out. If only the driver door handle is sticking out the truck is not fully unlocked yet.
Sounds like the truck was locked. It's not an actual back door related thing.
All 4 doors are unlocked and handles are presented, that's what's strange.

· Registered
284 Posts
All 4 doors are unlocked and handles are presented, that's what's strange.
The truck can be 'asleep' even if unlocked. I see this both with the gear tunnel and tail gate. If you press once, the lights flicker as if it wakes up, then if I wait a second and press again, they open. Not sure if that's what you're encountering though. My truck stays unlocked in the garage at home, and in the mornings, I have to press once and wait and then press again for gear tunnel or tail gate to open.

· Registered
351 Posts
The truck can be 'asleep' even if unlocked. I see this both with the gear tunnel and tail gate. If you press once, the lights flicker as if it wakes up, then if I wait a second and press again, they open. Not sure if that's what you're encountering though. My truck stays unlocked in the garage at home, and in the mornings, I have to press once and wait and then press again for gear tunnel or tail gate to open.
I'll try to pay attention to what your describing, thanks!

· Registered
58 Posts

Weird!
Mine work the same way. Even when the truck is unlocked but was parked for more than a few minutes when I push the gear tunnel button it will not open the gear tunnel door. I have to open any other door and after that truck is activating the gear tunnel buttons. Same with the tonneau cover and tailgate. At the same time if you will open it from the screen everything is working.

I think this is a part of some safety rules or so.

· Registered
284 Posts
I thought it might change the behavior I mentioned but even after that update, if truck has been sitting a while in garage and unlocked, it doesn’t open on first press. Instead the first press appears to wake it up and then second press opens it. This is with phone key in pocket

1 - 12 of 12 Posts