Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

Has the Rivian Exceeded Expectations?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Prius, 2012 Tacoma, 2012 Vespa GTV300
256 Posts
Just wrote an article and I am so excited to share it all with you guys! Really interested to see what other Rivian owners think about it.

Link: Rivian R1T first impressions: Teleport from sports car to luxury to off-road
Congrats on the new truck! Excellent article. Thanks for sharing!
I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing the payload from the door jam sticker of your truck? Also, would you consider taking it to a CAT scale to confirm the curb weight?

·
Registered
Rivian R1T, 600hp Fisker Karma
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing the payload from the door jam sticker of your truck? Also, would you consider taking it to a CAT scale to confirm the curb weight?
When I get the chance I will definitely be sure to weigh the truck on a CAT scale. I'm also planning on taking the R1T to the drag strip soon to see the true quarter-mile time.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is this what you were looking for?

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great job with the article @jbubby101! Welcome to the forum! If the default sound setting for Rivian isn't "rock" or "hip hop" what is it? How easy is it to change in infotainment screen?
I believe the default has all the frequencies at an average setting meaning there is no extra emphasis on bass, treble, etc.... I could be wrong but from tinkering with the settings it appears that the other EQ settings will put more emphasis on what we enjoy more in the genre like hip hop making the base far more apparent, while in classical there is little to no base noise at all. From what I've observed the configurations make a HUGE difference in how the music sounds and I hope it becomes integrated with Spotify & Apple Music because it's so awkward to change the settings anytime I want to switch genres of music.

·
Registered
2017 Prius, 2012 Tacoma, 2012 Vespa GTV300
256 Posts
Is this what you were looking for?
That's it! Thanks very much. This is in line with payloads I've seen on other R1T's. Let me know if this ends up being close to what you calculate after you weigh your truck. Sometimes they're bang on and sometimes they're off by a few hundred pounds.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Initially, all the LEs were configured with the off-road package included in the base price. At that time the off-road package was the tow hooks + enhanced underbody shield. At some point Rivian separated out the off-road package and made the off-road package optional, so if you had an LE pre-order you could opt-out of the off-road package and save $2000. At that point, the off-road package still included the tow hooks + enhanced underbody shield.

Now, as of the 1 March update, the tow hooks are standard, and the enhanced underbody shield is still a $2000 option.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts