Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once in production form, what could the trademarked vehicles names of R1A, R1C, R2A, R2C, R2R, and R2S be like? So far I know the 'S' in R2S indicates another SUV in the pipeline. What the A, C, R and 2 mean is unclear. Anyone know?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Rivian's vehicle naming scheme is nothing I have seen.
Are you expecting all of them to be production models?

R2R could be that rumored rally version.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I could easily see one of these being a smaller crossover SUV. Sort of like what the Tesla 3 was for Tesla.

I also wonder if one of them could be a 2-door SUV like a Jeep Wrangler or upcoming Ford Bronco. It would definitely fit Rivian's image as an overland brand.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I could easily see one of these being a smaller crossover SUV. Sort of like what the Tesla 3 was for Tesla.

I also wonder if one of them could be a 2-door SUV like a Jeep Wrangler or upcoming Ford Bronco. It would definitely fit Rivian's image as an overland brand.
Actually the T3 is a sedan. Tesla Y is the baby Model X that didn't make MSRP feel like robbery.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Actually the T3 is a sedan. Tesla Y is the baby Model X that didn't make MSRP feel like robbery.
I didn't mean that the in the literal sense. What I meant is that just like the Tesla 3 is the entry level model for the Tesla line, Rivian could do the same with a smaller crossover SUV as their entry level model for people who can't afford the R1S or R1T. Sorry I should've clarified that a bit better.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually won't mind a Rivian version of the BMW i3. Design wise it fits Rivians profile so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts