Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

· Administrator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
616 Posts

· Administrator
616 Posts
For you UT folks who tend to head east on I-80 into/thru WY, I was in Evanston today and spotted this at the Smiths there…
Sky Street light Gas Landscape City
Sky Asphalt Composite material Gas Road surface

EA is also showing “coming soon” locations in Rawlins and Cheyenne on I-80, as well as Casper and Gillette. Evanston to Rawlins is 210 miles, so that’s going to be a stretch on days when the notorious WY wind and weather are in play. Hopefully they will put one in Rock Springs or Green River. Rivian plans to put a RAN there, but who knows when that will be.

I also went by the SLC service center today and far few trucks sitting outside. I’ll take that to mean they were successful is pushing as many deliveries as possible prior to quarter end.

Exciting to see all the forward momentum!

· Registered
2 Posts
I am a 11-2019 pre-order holder in NC. I didn't get to the selection of the launch edition in time and I have bounced between the R1S and R1T a few times. In NC my estimated delivery time was Q1 of 2023 (for R1T). I am moving to UT about that time so I changed primary address to UT. Utah deliveries please post your pre-order date and configuration. Curious if UT will speed this up.

· Administrator
616 Posts
I am a 11-2019 pre-order holder in NC. I didn't get to the selection of the launch edition in time and I have bounced between the R1S and R1T a few times. In NC my estimated delivery time was Q1 of 2023 (for R1T). I am moving to UT about that time so I changed primary address to UT. Utah deliveries please post your pre-order date and configuration. Curious if UT will speed this up.
Another NC -> UT transplant here. Sept 2019 preorder R1T LE. May-June delevery estimate.

· Registered
R1S LE in LE Green & Forest Edge (8/14/2019 Preorder) Oct-Dec 2022 Arrival
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Welcome to Utah! The Service Center here is humming so hopefully you can have your order filled sooner with a Utah address!!! Win-win!

· Administrator
616 Posts
Got an invite for SLC First Mile test drive today. Scheduled for next Weds, and they are bringing the truck to me in Park City. Anyone else been contacted for this?

I changed my interior last night from Forest Edge to Black Mountain. Wonder if that had anything to do with it? Timing just seems too close to be mere coincidence.

· Registered
14 Posts
Got an invite for SLC First Mile test drive today. Scheduled for next Weds, and they are bringing the truck to me in Park City. Anyone else been contacted for this?

I changed my interior last night from Forest Edge to Black Mountain. Wonder if that had anything to do with it? Timing just seems too close to be mere coincidence.
Im guessing just coincidence? I have a Dec 2018 reservation, BM seats, in salt lake area, but no contact about a guide or first mile event yet. I had heard they were doing it by "area" though not exactly sure how they define that. I'm in Saratoga Springs, about 40 min south of the Service Center.

· Administrator
616 Posts
Im guessing just coincidence? I have a Dec 2018 reservation, BM seats, in salt lake area, but no contact about a guide or first mile event yet. I had heard they were doing it by "area" though not exactly sure how they define that. I'm in Saratoga Springs, about 40 min south of the Service Center.
R1T or R1S reservation?

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·

Congrats! Surely this forecasts an imminent delivery. Enjoy!

· Registered
14 Posts
R1S. March/April delivery window.

I chatted with CS today. They confirmed I signed up to receive alerts several months ago. They said that the event is offered to "eligible" reservation holders. But he couldn't define what eligible means. He said he there would be future events, so not to worry.
Well - after what appeared to be a non-committal response from CS earlier this week regarding First Mile Drives, they called me today and said they were able to get me on the calendar for the 23rd! I like the under-committ, over-deliver approach. Hope they are taking the same approach with R1S deliveries :)

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Well - after what appeared to be a non-committal response from CS earlier this week regarding First Mile Drives, they called me today and said they were able to get me on the calendar for the 23rd! I like the under-committ, over-deliver approach. Hope they are taking the same approach with R1S deliveries :)
Happy for you!

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I shared this with Widabeest on a different thread but thought I would post here as people look at ways to maintain their vehicle for their enjoyment and possibly as an investment should they decide to sell in a few years.

This bid is for my R1S but probably isn’t much different for R1Ts—especially for the front.

You are a Utah guy if I remember right.
I was directed to Logicc protection studio for cost and quality of work from Makes and Models who uses all the protection companies around SLC.

Marco, the owner got right back to me by text-I liked that a lot and helped me curate what I thought made the most sense—but there are really good comments about not doing anything and just seeing what happens. I just haven’t had a vehicle with that much flat/front-facing paint because there is no grill on this truck.

From Marco:
Absolutely. Ppf is the best overall protection against Rockchips and scratches doing the full front end and lower impacts areas is great protection and the rest of the vehicle in ceramic coating. Doing the full vehicle in PPF is becoming more common now days to have full complete coverage of the vehicle.
Ceramic coatings will help with ease of maintenance and providing a nice shine.

Full front end you’d be $1650 plus any additional impact areas we decide. Full vehicle you’d be be $7000 for all painted surfaces, we also carry a satin paint protection film that takes the factory color and gives it a unique satin finish. Film comes with 10yr manufacturer warranty against yellowing or cracking. Ceramic coating on the film with self healing properties against light scratches.

We ultimately build a package upon your needs, let us know what works best for your and we can accommodate.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.