Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you want to know about the R1T or R1S before buying one?

Here's a good list to start:

"There's a lot we've learned about the Rivian R1S and R1T. But there's still a lot we don't know. All 3 of us are long time pre-order holders. But there's a handful of things (at least 7 when I count in the video) we'd REALLY like to know before taking the next step of signing on the dotted line and taking delivery:
  1. Actual pics of the colors...because they look different in real life vs the computer generated pics.
  2. Data
  3. User Interface
  4. More demonstration videos and pics since we can't see them in person
  5. Service details
  6. Warranty info
  7. Timing projections"

·
Registered
800 Posts
Rivian's stance on right-to-repair.
That's an excellent point. Not only do I have strong philosophical opinions on this topic, there are practical reasons to want access to parts and service info, considering that many of us will not be in close proximity to a Rivian service facility.

·
Registered
209 Posts
That's an excellent point. Not only do I have strong philosophical opinions on this topic, there are practical reasons to want access to parts and service info, considering that many of us will not be in close proximity to a Rivian service facility.

Not sure how physical proximity to a service center matters. Your home is a service center in their model.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Including for those of us in Hawaii?
I don't live in Hawaii so I haven't looked to specifically see if there's some exception for Hawaii. Have you asked customer service?

It's not like Hawaii is Antarctica. You can get consumer goods there. You can get vehicles there. They're definitely selling to people in Hawaii, so unless you can find some indication on the website or from customer service, I'd assume the answer is "Yes - including for those of you in Hawaii". But really, why waste your time asking me when you could ask Rivian themselves?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't live in Hawaii so I haven't looked to specifically see if there's some exception for Hawaii. Have you asked customer service?

It's not like Hawaii is Antarctica. You can get consumer goods there. You can get vehicles there. They're definitely selling to people in Hawaii, so unless you can find some indication on the website or from customer service, I'd assume the answer is "Yes - including for those of you in Hawaii". But really, why waste your time asking me when you could ask Rivian themselves?
First, my question was more of a question for the forum, not you personally. Second, my main problem so far with Rivian has been a lack of complete information. I realize it is early on, but with deliveries starting or about to start we still have nothing but assurances of what will be available, not direct information of who or what organization will provide these services. Just as there are no actual vehicles available for us to drive or even touch or look in available in Hawaii. Questions like these have not so far received direct replies from Rivian when I ask them.

·
Registered
209 Posts
First, my question was more of a question for the forum, not you personally. Second, my main problem so far with Rivian has been a lack of complete information. I realize it is early on, but with deliveries starting or about to start we still have nothing but assurances of what will be available, not direct information of who or what organization will provide these services. Just as there are no actual vehicles available for us to drive or even touch or look in available in Hawaii. Questions like these have not so far received direct replies from Rivian when I ask them.
Quoting someone's message on a forum thread usually indicates a direct response to them. I think it was fair for me to assume you were posing that question to me, despite me not understanding why you would. Given that your question was the only thing you said in quoting my post, it was a reasonable conclusion to come to.

As far as service goes, I don't understand why the information they have provided to you is not sufficient to answer your questions.

The first paragraph of How will service work? - Support Center - Rivian answers the question you posed me/us:

Rivian will provide convenient and comprehensive service coverage. Whether you need maintenance or repairs we’ve got you covered in all markets where Rivian vehicles are sold.
Is Hawaii a market where Rivian is selling vehicles? It seems they'll have service available for you then.

Next paragraph answers your questions about who or what organization will provide the services:
We are building out a network of mobile service vehicles that will come to you when service is needed. For vehicles that need to visit a physical Service Center, we will pick up your vehicle and bring it in to one of our service locations.
Note the use of we and our. The answer is: Rivian.

As for any other complaints about information - Rivian has made their timeline clear. May. At that point any and all questions you personally have will be answered by your personal guide. If you don't like the answers or information at that point, cancel your reservation. Until then, I'd urge patience, since we're all in the same situation and operating with the same information.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts