Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
30 Posts
Why doesn't it have the Stadium headlights? That is Rivian's signature headlights. I get the Amazon van doesn't have it, but that is not an official Rivian car, it is a car manufactured by Rivian for Amazon.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why doesn't it have the Stadium headlights? That is Rivian's signature headlights. I get the Amazon van doesn't have it, but that is not an official Rivian car, it is a car manufactured by Rivian for Amazon.
While that would be great, it was likely a cost cutting effort, like with many delivery vans. IMO it still looks great compared to the Sprinter.

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
30 Posts
While that would be great, it was likely a cost cutting effort, like with many delivery vans. IMO it still looks great compared to the Sprinter.
True. It makes sense for the van. But if they actually release a RV, I think they would use the stadium headlights.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
This would be cool for Rivian or someone else to try and do. Though it would have to be at least until Rivian fulfills their order to Amazon.
Its a long shot.
ROI isn't anywhere near as attractive as everything Rivian is doing so far and things they can do like it.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
True. It makes sense for the van. But if they actually release a RV, I think they would use the stadium headlights.
That'll be interesting to see since it has to be bigger than the R1T & R1S stadium setup.

True, which is why it would most likely have to happen by a third party.
Winnebago would be on top of my list for that. Love what they do to Sprinters!

·
Registered
495 Posts
That'll be interesting to see since it has to be bigger than the R1T & R1S stadium setup.

Off Grid Adventure Vans do some cool stuff. They primarily work with RAM ProMaster 159’ but they do stuff with Transits and Sprinters too.

·
Registered
42 Posts

That is interesting speculation, but as a motor home operator I would hope that the latest in headlights, adaptive headlights be used. Still have no clue what "stadium" headlights are or how well they perform on an old, wet asphalt pavement. https://www.automotive-fleet.com/32...daptive-beam-headlights-rate-highest-aaa-says

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is interesting speculation, but as a motor home operator I would hope that the latest in headlights, adaptive headlights be used. Still have no clue what "stadium" headlights are or how well they perform on an old, wet asphalt pavement. https://www.automotive-fleet.com/32...daptive-beam-headlights-rate-highest-aaa-says
I'm still not convinced Rivian will do it since the delivery vans don't have them, but who knows. One thing for sure, if there's not enough volume, we'll just get what the delivery van has. At the end of the day its a business that has to turn a profit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts