Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To put it simply.... people WANT it.

This is a pretty solid poll over over 4,000 people so far.

And a lot of people are picking Lightning because they don't live in a major urban center and aren't sure about service.

Font Screenshot Circle Number Event

·
Registered
27 Posts
The uGly CT won that poll on Twitter. I think real world, more people will buy a rivian or Ford. The dealership’s will hurt ford and Chevy, if they add $10k-$20k markups. If Ford and Rivian are about the same price, then it’s more about, I believe, who can produce a truck faster. I haven’t seen a rivian in person, yet. I’m waiting on my 8 step process, and hopefully a truck next month.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Most people I know don't know about Rivian. Just read some of the comments new owners post about comments they get from people. As more R1s get out there, people will have a better appreciation and hopefully that will reflect in the stock price. I saw similar trend with Tesla. Most new owners and reviewers have posted very positive comments about the quality also. If that continues and the quality is better than the competition then the obvious choice for a truck and SUV will be Rivian. The prior comment about cross-over appeal is very true. I have never been interested in trucks/suvs before learning about the Rivian.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
615 Posts
In November last year, Ford had 160,000 reservations, against which the R1T reservations pale. Don't believe a stupid online questionnaire, polling is a real science and this type of thing is just garbage.
There’s a big difference in commitment between folks putting down $100 for a reservation vs. $1,000. I think Rivian will have a higher conversion rate. I had reservations for Bollinger, CyberTruck, Rivian and Lightening. Have already cancelled Bollinger and CyberTruck, and will likely cancel Lightening. R1T will be delivered on Tuesday. Never intended to buy CT or Ford, but at $100, I thought “what the heck, might as well.” If they were $1,000, I likely would not have reserved one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts