Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The light gray and white are 'free' colors and the other colors add an additional 1500-2500.00. I went with white as it looks great and my current SUV is white, so I'm used to it. In addition, I've always felt that white is easier to keep clean. I went with the black interior as I have messy soccer kids.

On hot summer days, white does reflect sun/heat so this helps a bit, as well.

Just curious how many went all out and got the other colors?...and the reasoning behind the color selection.

Do many find the 1500-2500 worth it just for a vehicle color?

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
310 Posts
Started with White, switched to Limestone then Launch Green. I finally decided that it was futile to choose a color until I had a chance to see them all in the wild because the renderings in the Configurator are completely useless. I’ve liked the look of La Silver in some of the recent pics, so that’s now on the table for me as well. Upcharge will factor into my final decision, but it’s not a show stopper if I really like the color.

Reactions: headless

·
Registered
125 Posts
The light gray and white are 'free' colors and the other colors add an additional 1500-2500.00. I went with white as it looks great and my current SUV is white, so I'm used to it. In addition, I've always felt that white is easier to keep clean. I went with the black interior as I have messy soccer kids.

On hot summer days, white does reflect sun/heat so this helps a bit, as well.

Just curious how many went all out and got the other colors?...and the reasoning behind the color selection.

Do many find the 1500-2500 worth it just for a vehicle color?
I like the grays, they are not flashy and tend to blend in. My last few purchases have been in the gray family, I'll stick with that with El Cap Granite. The 1500 is not out of line, I paid 1K for the upgraded color on my Tesla and never regretted the choice.

·
Registered
559 Posts
This is why I need to see the colors IRL. White looks terrible on the R1T so the only free color worth considering is LA Silver, IMO. Thankfully, LA Silver does look pretty good from what I’ve seen. But if I fall in love with another color then $1,500 over the life of the vehicle isn’t the end of the world. Currently have Limestone configured.

·
Registered
2019 GMC Sierra AT4
9 Posts
I had no problem spending the extra cheddar on El Cap Granite. My current (GMC Sierra) is white, and I got white because I had heard it's easier to keep clean, but as I've been seeing the various greys on other vehicles, I've gotten a little remorse on going with plain white.

Reactions: headless

·
Registered
153 Posts
If they had a two-tone option for a white bottom and black top I'd take that in a heartbeat. My RR has that setup and I love it, so classy looking. I don't like solid white when there's no accent to it though. I'll be going with Launch Green unless it's completely fugly, in which case I'll go with Forest Green. I like the idea of my vehicle at least somewhat blending in to the places I want to take it (as far into the wilds as I can go).

·
Registered
27 Posts
It’s easy to miss but the order tracker spreadsheet from this forum has a summary of the colors people say they’ve chosen. It of course isn’t totally current as we all change our mind 100 times (per week).

·
Registered
86 Posts
I picked Limestone - seemed to accent the body lines and wheels and tires well, and I liked the way the Limestone looked in the Long Way Up. It seemed slightly different than other similar colors I have seen on trucks like "concrete", so I'm rolling the dice. I have a white truck now, and it's fine. Meaning, it is boring and could be a utility vehicle or part of a rental fleet... That is what I think of when I see plain white anyway. I def considered the blue, it looks great too, but it is just a little too out there for my personal taste. I'm betting Rivian fills the launch green LE's first, and I'm betting that they look awesome.

If I were Rivian, I would plan the launch the exact same way they are doing it... They are going to drop a bunch of vehicles in denser prime locations FIRST with the same paint colors FIRST. This is going to give Rivian brand impressions - people are going to start to see them from time to time and recognize them as completely new and distinct from all other vehicles on the road. I see this as a major competitive advantage if they start dropping 100's of electric trucks in June. They will instantly become the undisputed leader of the EV truck segment overnight. (I hope). (fingers crossed). (don't screw this up Rivian). 😅

·
Registered
559 Posts
I picked Limestone - seemed to accent the body lines and wheels and tires well, and I liked the way the Limestone looked in the Long Way Up. It seemed slightly different than other similar colors I have seen on trucks like "concrete", so I'm rolling the dice. I have a white truck now, and it's fine. Meaning, it is boring and could be a utility vehicle or part of a rental fleet... That is what I think of when I see plain white anyway. I def considered the blue, it looks great too, but it is just a little too out there for my personal taste. I'm betting Rivian fills the launch green LE's first, and I'm betting that they look awesome.
I’m pretty sure Long Way Up didn’t use Limestone.

·
Registered
559 Posts
What colors were the cars? I thought for sure one of them was Limestone, but edu-ma-cate me.

What color is this?
I assumed they were LA Silver and White. But there is at least one other thread that says it wasn't LA Silver -- but that same thread confirms it was not Limestone, either. If you believe them, it was a color Rivian was playing with but ultimately did not offer.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like the grays, they are not flashy and tend to blend in. My last few purchases have been in the gray family, I'll stick with that with El Cap Granite. The 1500 is not out of line, I paid 1K for the upgraded color on my Tesla and never regretted the choice.
We just got a Mach E for my wife and the upgrade paint color was 400.00... I'm super stoked to get the Rivian but 1500-2500 may be a bit much, for me. I'm wondering what the cost of the super duper battery pack will be (400 miles) when they offer that for the R1S. I'd sooner put money into that than a paint color if I had to choose...then again, if I had some extra cash, why not get everything. :cool:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had no problem spending the extra cheddar on El Cap Granite. My current (GMC Sierra) is white, and I got white because I had heard it's easier to keep clean, but as I've been seeing the various greys on other vehicles, I've gotten a little remorse on going with plain white.
My Yukon is glacier white and it has held up nicely...however, it's the most common color and they are all over the place. I'm going with the white in the R1S, for now, but I could be swayed if it looks like I'll be having problems finding it in a parking lot as there are a bunch of them being the same color. lol.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If they had a two-tone option for a white bottom and black top I'd take that in a heartbeat. My RR has that setup and I love it, so classy looking. I don't like solid white when there's no accent to it though. I'll be going with Launch Green unless it's completely fugly, in which case I'll go with Forest Green. I like the idea of my vehicle at least somewhat blending in to the places I want to take it (as far into the wilds as I can go).
If I was in early enough, which I am not, I'd certainly go with the launch green as it'll be totally unique...the forest green is sharp looking...

·
Registered
125 Posts
We just got a Mach E for my wife and the upgrade paint color was 400.00... I'm super stoked to get the Rivian but 1500-2500 may be a bit much, for me. I'm wondering what the cost of the super duper battery pack will be (400 miles) when they offer that for the R1S. I'd sooner put money into that than a paint color if I had to choose...then again, if I had some extra cash, why not get everything. :cool:
if it ends up being the 180 for 400+ it will be 10k like the R1T. There has been some speculation it may come in smaller and do maybe 370 and could be lower at 7.5k

This is all speculation but good guesses to plan around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Regional differences can be a big factor too. There is a huge Ford Truck dealer on I-4 outside Tampa with a very large lot just for white trucks. I kid you not.

Where I am in Connecticut, the color choices of trucks and SUVs are pretty broad.

Overall, it's much like ice cream flavors ... each to his own.

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
184 Posts
I like more different color. By the pictures I want the blue. My wife likes red, but thinks it calls too much attention so she wants to go either silver or white. I am trying to convince her on either LE green or red. But final decision will only come when we can see it in person.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I like more different color. By the pictures I want the blue. My wife likes red, but thinks it calls too much attention so she wants to go either silver or white. I am trying to convince her on either LE green or red. But final decision will only come when we can see it in person.
They're all good choices and it's obviously a personal preference....the one color I find bold is the yellow...and that will certain attract a lot of attention. I'm a bit more boring, lol. As previously written, I'm in for white but might change as the date gets closer. The green is really a neat color.

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
184 Posts
They're all good choices and it's obviously a personal preference....the one color I find bold is the yellow...and that will certain attract a lot of attention. I'm a bit more boring, lol. As previously written, I'm in for white but might change as the date gets closer. The green is really a neat color.
If I was getting the R1T for me I would seriously consider the yellow. But I am getting the R1S for my wife so I know there is no she will get the yellow.

Maybe if Rivian release the small battery R1T and it's reasonably priced I will consider it. Since I mostly ride my motorcycle there's no good justification for having two expensive cars in the garage ☹

1 - 20 of 31 Posts