Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was originally going with white, with the black 22s, as I like the contrasting look of the white and black. I considered El Cap, but don't think it goes with the Ocean Interior. My last Three cars have been black interior and I want something brighter inside. Right now I am on Rivian Blue, black 22s, with the ocean interior.

My preference is to not blend into the crowd.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
307 Posts
I was originally going with white, with the black 22s, as I like the contrasting look of the white and black. I considered El Cap, but don't think it goes with the Ocean Interior. My last Three cars have been black interior and I want something brighter inside. Right now I am on Rivian Blue, black 22s, with the ocean interior.

My preference is to not blend into the crowd.
I liked the look of white ext with the black 20’s on the R1T. It was my initial config. But I’m not keen on $1,800 for a wheel color upgrade. There’s a chance I’ll switch back to that, get the stock 20’s and have them powder coated after I get it. I need to see the other colors before I make a final decision.

Reactions: headless

·
Registered
3 Posts
We've always defaulted to white colored vehicles, both the BMW and the Model Y we have are white. But, there are some vehicles where white looks "meh" and i'd argue that would be the case for the R1T whereas i think white on the R1S looks better IMO.

That being said, we're all spending a decent amount of coin on these vehicles. You should get what you want. If the color choice you want costs and extra $1500-$2500 you're only talking about 2%-3% (depending on configuration that is) of the overall purchase price. It's really not that much in the grand scheme of things.

Food for thought...the camp kitchen will cost you an extra $5k. Getting the color you really want for $1500...worth it.

Now, if you are trying to game the system to figure out which color and interior combination will get you your vehicle faster per Rivian's latest update to us...that's an interesting debate.

Still sticking with Launch Green regardless.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
If I was getting the R1T for me I would seriously consider the yellow. But I am getting the R1S for my wife so I know there is no she will get the yellow.

Maybe if Rivian release the small battery R1T and it's reasonably priced I will consider it. Since I mostly ride my motorcycle there's no good justification for having two expensive cars in the garage ☹
I used to have the first year (2008) Can-Am Spyder...it was, of course, yellow! lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
We've always defaulted to white colored vehicles, both the BMW and the Model Y we have are white. But, there are some vehicles where white looks "meh" and i'd argue that would be the case for the R1T whereas i think white on the R1S looks better IMO.

That being said, we're all spending a decent amount of coin on these vehicles. You should get what you want. If the color choice you want costs and extra $1500-$2500 you're only talking about 2%-3% (depending on configuration that is) of the overall purchase price. It's really not that much in the grand scheme of things.

Food for thought...the camp kitchen will cost you an extra $5k. Getting the color you really want for $1500...worth it.

Now, if you are trying to game the system to figure out which color and interior combination will get you your vehicle faster per Rivian's latest update to us...that's an interesting debate.

Still sticking with Launch Green regardless.
It's compelling to stick with launch green if you're in early enough and have access to a color we'll never see again....

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's compelling to stick with launch green if you're in early enough and have access to a color we'll never see again....
From Kelly Blue Book ... Most Popular SUV colors:

1. White (24.5 percent)
  2. Black (20.5 percent)
  3. Gray (19 percent)
  4. Silver (11.5 percent)
  5. Blue (10 percent)
  6. Red (8.5 percent)
  7. Green (3 percent)
  8. Gold/Beige (1.5 percent)
  9. Brown (1 percent)
  10. Orange (0.5 percent)
So, there are reasons they can retire that green color (1) there are other shades of green and (2) not many would choose it. 😆

I get the interest of having the shiny new object before others. That's fun. But, factory recalls are more likely with the first cars made. That's not so much fun. Personally, I don't have a choice to be early, but even if I did, I would wait for a color that I actually like and the larger battery pack. I have no problem with the concept of improving the cost of ownership on my current vehicle. Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
From Kelly Blue Book ... Most Popular SUV colors:

1. White (24.5 percent)
  2. Black (20.5 percent)
  3. Gray (19 percent)
  4. Silver (11.5 percent)
  5. Blue (10 percent)
  6. Red (8.5 percent)
  7. Green (3 percent)
  8. Gold/Beige (1.5 percent)
  9. Brown (1 percent)
  10. Orange (0.5 percent)
So, there are reasons they can retire that green color (1) there are other shades of green and (2) not many would choose it. 😆

I get the interest of having the shiny new object before others. That's fun. But, factory recalls are more likely with the first cars made. That's not so much fun. Personally, I don't have a choice to be early, but even if I did, I would wait for a color that I actually like and the larger battery pack. I have no problem with the concept of improving the cost of ownership on my current vehicle. Your mileage may vary.
If the upgrades weren't 1500-2500 additional, I'd consider more....I do think all the colors are neat in their own way. I'm with white, for now, but it's not fun having the same color as everyone else...that's the situation with my Yukon...so many of them out there are white...🙁

Interesting with the orange...I kinda think a burnt orange would look cool...

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is why I need to see the colors IRL. White looks terrible on the R1T so the only free color worth considering is LA Silver, IMO. Thankfully, LA Silver does look pretty good from what I’ve seen. But if I fall in love with another color then $1,500 over the life of the vehicle isn’t the end of the world. Currently have Limestone configured.
Yep, I've switched from Launch Green to LA Silver...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Yep, I've switched from Launch Green to LA Silver...
I cannot even find a high resolution pic of the launch green...I like how Rivian is using the configurator to show the colors...if the initial orders can opt for the launch green, I assume there was not an additional cost for that color? All the other colors (save for silver and white) are 1500-2500...

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
307 Posts
I cannot even find a high resolution pic of the launch green...I like how Rivian is using the configurator to show the colors...if the initial orders can opt for the launch green, I assume there was not an additional cost for that color? All the other colors (save for silver and white) are 1500-2500...
Correct that there was no additional cost for Launch Green.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Correct that there was no additional cost for Launch Green.
Hmmmmmm....for me, unless it's ugly, I'd probably go for it. Is cost a factor? Yes..., but if it's an option, it' s like getting 1500.00 for free. I always think it's neat to have a color that nobody else has...unless green simply isn't your thing. It's interesting because the Hummer EV also has a launch green color. I'm not saying it's the same as Rivian, but interesting how they both went green for the launch...maybe it has to do with the vehicle being 'green', or whatever. Personally, I'd prefer burnt orange! :cool:

21 - 31 of 31 Posts