Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2022 R1T, delivered Dec 2022, Limestone/Ocean Coast, large battery, underbody shield, 20”
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I noticed that after getting my snows on - and figuring out where the TPMS indicator is on the driver screen that two of my tires on one side were registering in the mid-low 50 psi - the other two were at about 48. When I got out my good quality analog tire pressure gauge I found that all four tires seemed to be over inflated so I deflated all down to 48. All readings taken at cold tire pressure.

I have not driven the vehicle since I reset the tire pressure but am wondering if anyone else has checked the accuracy of the TPMS system to see if it reads accurately?

Thanks for any constructive input -

Update - TPMS reading after inflating to 48 reads out at 45

· Registered
2022 R1T, delivered Dec 2022, Limestone/Ocean Coast, large battery, underbody shield, 20”
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Similar error rate on my R1T. The tire sensors are consistently about 3 pounds less. But over the years I have tire sensors to be erratic.
Thanks - I guess it’s like the TPMS I’ve had in other vehicles - more directionally correct and good for catastrophic failures.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts