Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) - Intermittent

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  John B R1T 
#1 ·
Anyone else seeing their TPMS working intermittently? Just did a 5 day road trip - TPMS “failed“ 2-3 times per day. Comes back…goes dashes on all tires again.

#4 ·
Mine failed during the initial delivery attempt, they took the truck back to the delivery center and ended up getting a software patch the following day to fix the TPMS alert. Delivery was rescheduled and has been fine since. I'm running version 2022.19.04 which is an unreleased version and haven't received the 2022.23.03 update yet so I'm not sure if the patch made it into the June version or not.

#7 ·
I know the R1T’s have a tire pressure monitor but I have not found any info on how it operates. My bro in law has an R1T and his monitor automatically appears on the drivers screen when puts the truck in drive and then it goes away after driving a short distance. Mine has never come on and I can’t find any setting for the system.
Does anyone know if the TPM goes on automatically when it detects low tire pressure and is by off the rest of the time or can you set it to come on when you first start out?
Thanks g

#8 ·
It should pop up a warning if pressure is low. You can view the pressures by switching to that info page in the instrument cluster (long press the left/right buttons on the left side of the steering wheel to cycle through the three info pages -- map, efficiency graph, and tire pressures).

#10 ·
How low is "low"? On the Tundra that I just traded in (and the two before that), I had to constantly remind the dealer (every time I took it in) NOT to let air out of the tires to bring the pressure down to EXACTLY what the label on the door shows...because every time it would get cold I would get a low pressure light. If it originated with the spare, it would NEVER go out until the weather warmed up because the tire wasn't getting warmed by driving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.