Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with what is the recommended tire rotation pattern? Standard 5k miles? I have 1500m on my R1T w 22 inch. I have noticed some slowly progressive shaking in the steering wheel at highway speeds. I am in the automotive collision repair industry with access to equipment so I was planning on re-balancing tires and maybe an early rotation. Wondering if anyone else has performed these operations themselves.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Hey @jscobeys from whatI've seen Rivian doesn't mention a specific pattern in the owner's manual. Might be worth reaching out to Rivian to see if they recommend anything. How long has the wheel shaking been happening?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has been what I would consider noticeable steering wheel shaking, visibly when letting go of wheel, for a couple hundred miles anyway. I wouldn't necessarily say I ever considered it perfect for a new car or a high end vehicle ever.
I just figured it was characteristic maybe. Similar to the tight fit of the doors, seals, requiring more effort than other current vehicles, but still annoying sometimes . Or the way the windows creep up and down regardless of the residiual silicone spray that I can see signs of application before I received.
Absolutely love the truck!! Just some things that I observed from being in the industry and checking those things prior to delivery to our customers.
Thank you for your reply! I will reach out to service.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just got my R1T back from service for a suspension issue, and one of the things they did was rotate my tires. I was past 5k miles (almost at 10k at that point) so you make a good point about tire rotation.

This is the first time in a decade or so that I've had a car that can have tires rotated, so I need to remember to do that service.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I spoke to a service rep after I received the truck and I asked him about the tire rotation schedule. He told me that they recommend getting the tire rotation service completed every 7000 miles.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I spoke to a service rep after I received the truck and I asked him about the tire rotation schedule. He told me that they recommend getting the tire rotation service completed every 7000 miles.
Unless one would do the rotation theirself, or have someone do it for free, the cost of ten rotations in 70,000 miles might be the cost of a tire or two. So I have not rotated tires in many, many years. Just do not see the value it it, unless alignment or balancing is not adequately provided.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts