Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a client, and this is their perspective, which I happen to agree with. Personally, I think they should postpone the IPO until they get production up to scale. Has any company ever previously gone public with this kind of valuation prior to generating any material revenue?

Q: How are you looking at the Rivian IPO?

A:
Although Rivian has yet to sell any significant volume of its electric vans or trucks, the company is reportedly seeking a valuation of $60B at its IPO. AMZN recently disclosed a ~20% stake in the business and has pre-ordered 100,000 of their electric vans.

While the EV market is growing quickly, Rivian’s valuation is incredibly tough to rationalize with current fundamentals. We'll be sure to monitor the company as it matures in relation to our AMZN investment, but also as a potential investment in the future. –Justin Yoo, Titan Investment Analyst

·
Registered
R1S LE in LE Green (8/14/2019 Preorder)
194 Posts
I'm a client, and this is their perspective, which I happen to agree with. Personally, I think they should postpone the IPO until they get production up to scale. Has any company ever previously gone public with this kind of valuation prior to generating any material revenue?

Q: How are you looking at the Rivian IPO?

A:
Although Rivian has yet to sell any significant volume of its electric vans or trucks, the company is reportedly seeking a valuation of $60B at its IPO. AMZN recently disclosed a ~20% stake in the business and has pre-ordered 100,000 of their electric vans.

While the EV market is growing quickly, Rivian’s valuation is incredibly tough to rationalize with current fundamentals. We'll be sure to monitor the company as it matures in relation to our AMZN investment, but also as a potential investment in the future. –Justin Yoo, Titan Investment Analyst
Dang good questions! Thank you for sharing!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I happen to agree, but want to point out that the same can be said of Lucid or Tesla. Sometimes is not about fundamentals.
I would challenge what you said around Tesla... Remember, this is about valuation at IPO, not long term price per share valuation. I agree that the valuation is absurd right now. I personally don't see the stock price holding anywhere near those numbers for the first month or two...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.