Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tonneau started to jam after several weeks of ownership. Tried recalibration several times until the jamming problem resolved. Tonneau operating appropriately now but it is still loud and not confidence inspiring.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Our tonneau jammed tonight. Sigh. Was it unexpected? No. Is it still disappointing? yes.

Perhaps lucky as the truck is going into the SC next week so we will just add that to the list.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Take it with a grain of salt, but my cover failed upon delivery of the truck. We submitted a service ticket in and I have been told not only by a repair tech that came onsite to repair another issue and also the Customer Service Agent that Rivian has gotten with the supplier of the cover and a new improved design has been created but the parts are not available yet. Once they get the parts, all of us with issues will be cued up to get replacements.

·
Registered
Launch Edition LG/FE
142 Posts
My cover starting snapping and binding when it got to dropping the last leaf opening fairly early on. Babied it for a while, but eventually it wouldn't open 1 leaf before binding (about when we started getting 90+ degree weather). At that point I placed the ticket. I did get a call about two weeks ago saying that they had limited parts available so they were calling in order of tickets received for my SC and performing a census of sort to determine actual need. I made the mistake of telling them that if I hose it down for a few minutes it will open 100%- so they immediately backpedaled and said they would put me back in queue even though we use it for making deliveries and easily open and close it a few times a day. They then told me if it binds again they can send the service tech out to manually open it and lock it out so it was open all the time. Not exactly what I would want because then the load is exposed. So, I guess I'll just keep doing what I've been doing.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts