Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Very cool. "Google and Toyota are having a baby." Hope so.
The video does show an uncomfortably high number of people doing work on assembling vehicles.
If it were Toyota you would not see that many people. But ok, they're also showing a bunch of robots, I guess those are just not working yet.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Ah. They want to ramp factory capacity up to 10 per hour, 160 per day ... let's say 300 days. Soooo. That's 48,000 vehicles in one year.

I'm somewhere at that exact number for my R1S order in the queue. Let's say they ramp up to that capacity in four months (super optimistic!!) I will see my R1S no sooner than a year from today, probably more like 1.5 years. Mar 2023.

·
Registered
Rivian R1T (Adventure - CR, BM, 21", Ordered 10/5/2021, Delivered 6/24/2022), Suburban 2500, VW ID.4
142 Posts
Ah. They want to ramp factory capacity up to 10 per hour, 160 per day ... let's say 300 days. Soooo. That's 48,000 vehicles in one year.

I'm somewhere at that exact number for my R1S order in the queue. Let's say they ramp up to that capacity in four months (super optimistic!!) I will see my R1S no sooner than a year from today, probably more like 1.5 years. Mar 2023.
Probably a realistic timeline. There will be some production delays, but there will also be some reservation holders who don't go through with purchasing as well. I'm in a similar boat with R1T. I would be extremely happy with a year from now, but expecting spring 2023.

·
Registered
152 Posts

Rivian WANTS to ramp to 10/hr but did not say WHEN they expect to get there.

Not sure of the dates of the video shots of the factory but no robots were in operation and the vehicles for the burst build appear to have been hand built.

There is no doubt they are building vehicles albeit by hand and low volume. This is necessary in order to enter the ramp phase. Ramping to 10/Hr will take time (6-9 mons).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.