Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently took my Rivian to the drag strip. I had 5 runs total.
All my runs were around 11.5 seconds, very consistent.
All my top speeds were around 110 mph!
Problem is that about a few hundred feet from the end, the limiter kicks in, and actually slows me down!
I could not exceed 110mph. My time slips showed that I was doing about 95 mph at the 1/8 mile marker, and only 15 mph faster over the last 1/8th mile.
Does anybody know how to disable the limiter or how I could get to 124 mph?
My tires are H rated, 130 mph sustainable for 1 hour, so the tires should not be an issue.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Unless Rivian opens up their software menu to disable Top Speed control or sets up a Drag Mode I don’t see a away around this issue. A hack like a false wheel speed sensor might work however any speedometer readings would also be inaccurate and who knows what kind of errors might be thrown between the motor controller’s expected wheel speed and indicated.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Unless Rivian opens up their software menu to disable Top Speed control or sets up a Drag Mode I don’t see a away around this issue. A hack like a false wheel speed sensor might work however any speedometer readings would also be inaccurate and who knows what kind of errors might be thrown between the motor controller’s expected wheel speed and indicated.
Yeah all my times were printed at the race track, so the speeds are accurate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts