Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR / 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
115 Posts
Does anyone know what the top end speed is suppose to be for the R1T?
Supposedly, 125 mph...

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does anyone know what the top end speed is suppose to be for the R1T?
I saw a video of one of the early First Mile experiences and he got it up to 129 MPH before coming to his senses. No doubt it could have gone a little faster. Driver and passengers were impressed by the road stability of the vehicle at that speed.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Most AT tires are speed rated in the Q, R, S range. So 100mph, 106 mph, 112 mph. Don’t know that I’ve ever seen one rated over S, but admit I don’t look at that all that close since I never have been much over 75 or 80 in any of the trucks I owned (60 series LC, 80 series LX, g500, or 200 series LX).

·
Registered
143 Posts
Most AT tires are speed rated in the Q, R, S range. So 100mph, 106 mph, 112 mph. Don’t know that I’ve ever seen one rated over S, but admit I don’t look at that all that close since I never have been much over 75 or 80 in any of the trucks I owned (60 series LC, 80 series LX, g500, or 200 series LX).
What you failed to mention was, that all tire speed ratings are based upon sustaining that speed (rating) for 1 hour consecutively, like in a race for instance. You could never do it on public roads here.

·
Registered
498 Posts
BYW.. I can't wait to dust a few of the Power Wagon (0-60 in 7.3 sec) knuckle dragger ******* wannabes around here when I get my R1T :p

Edit: red neck (one word version) is a censored word?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Edit: red neck (one word version) is a censored word?
"Woke" up NY Rob! The term is offending to those who don't wear sunscreen when running their two-stroke toys. Although, aside from the electric motor, every other feature I appreciate on the Rivian appeals to that red-neck in me... No 22's on my Rivian! I'll find a way to fit 17's and big, inefficient, low speed rated meats.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts