Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's just me, but why does it bother me that Rivian's literature in the owner's manual only refers to the flashlight as a "torch"? Sounds a little pompous to me!! It is an American made car by an American company. Torch is the Canadian or Australian term for "flashlight".

Reading the manual and just seeing "torch" repeated over and over and over.... LOL, I know, get a life! Real world problems Eh! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
“Torch!” is perfect because it is a badass, 21st century, brighter then heck, modern version of the mundane ordinary household incandescent flashlight 🔦. 😂
Funny, first time I tried it, I was like "this isn't all that bright, not sure what people are talking about". Then, I pressed the button again to turn it off and realized there was a brighter level. Hit it again, and then the brightest level. Yes, that sucker is pretty bright. Apparently, per the manual, if you use the brightest level, it only lasts for two hours. Something like 20 hours in the lower settings.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maybe the pun was intended there:) If I were to write that user manual, I would probably also try to use more unusual and funny words. Or maybe they didn’t want to write two different manuals for Canada and the US and didn’t change anything in the Canadian one. Who knows? Personally, I never refer to a flashlight as a “torch” because it sounds too unusual and funny. I have to use my Vont High Lumen LED Tactical Flashlight almost daily and always refer to it as a flashlight even though I lived in Canada for the first ten years of my long life.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts