Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,631 Posts
That is not true that LE orders ended in the first week, check out the other forum rivianownersforum.com. LE orders went on for almost 1 year. For example I have 2 LE order (R1T and R1S) from February 2019. Others have LE's much after that.
Eh, I think you're both right.

Rivian was taking general reservations for nearly 2 years before they opened up the configurator. Prior to the configurator, you were just reserving a general "R1T". Once the configurator opened, you could express interest in a specific trim/configuration. Within about a week Rivian closed down the Launch Edition configuration and stopped letting people select it.

· Registered
5 Posts
Eh, I think you're both right.

Rivian was taking general reservations for nearly 2 years before they opened up the configurator. Prior to the configurator, you were just reserving a general "R1T". Once the configurator opened, you could express interest in a specific trim/configuration. Within about a week Rivian closed down the Launch Edition configuration and stopped letting people select it.
You are correct, I read that too quick and thought he meant 1 week after the launch in Nov 2018...my bad! Still hoping we hear something on Guide contact...surprised as my order were relatively early, #6200 on R1T, and still nothing.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the perspective!

Like a lot of others, just doing some mad science on where I might be in line.

For EX; if we're speculating they took about 20k in LE reservations and think it'll take them until around this time in '22 to deliver them all...then the rest of us schlubs will def be on that stated back half of '23 for delivery.

Shakes fist at things we can't control

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.